Well, do you? I always do, but then my birthday is at the start of August, so it’s generally nice weather. Anyway, this isn’t a thinly veiled “It’s Rob’s Birthday next Friday” thread (or is it?) - there’s a woman in the team who sit next to me whose birthday it is, and she’s come in to work. Not only is it her birthday, but it’s her 21st. If it was my birthday, and if it was on a Friday, and if it was my 21st, you wouldn’t see me in work at all - I’m really surprised by the whole situation.
Anyway, here’s a poll:
- I take my birthday off, and any extra days around it to make it a big long weekend party
- I just take my birthday off
- I’ll take my birthday off but only if it’s a Friday to make the weekend a bit longer
- Sometimes I take my birthday off, if there were things planned, but it’s not something I always do
- Take my birthday off? Nah, I’m saving my holiday for my fortnight in Tenerife next month.