do you think anyone has ever gotten happier as they got older?

Would be funnier if they called it the happiness u-bend imo

so they are sad!

No.

existential dread seems to lessen with age though, like there’s less exciting things you need to do as you get older isn’t there. Once you’ve had sex and drunk alcohol that’s about it

Oh I’m happier than I was ten years ago but I’m still not happy. I do things that make me unhappy and I think they’re building up in layers.

no thanks

also for this graph to mean anything they have to survey people over like 75-100 years really

Hi.

I get happier and more fulfilled* pretty much every week I’m alive.

Whoever said Youth is wasted on the young is so right. I spent so much of my younger days fretting and being an ungrateful, idealistic wretch. I’m far from reaching nirvana HOWEVER, I am getting there slowly but surely. And then I’ll probably die. LOL.

*or committed to my fate I suppose. :rofl:

7 Likes

do you think it’s life situation though?

Like if you were 70 but had the life of a 20 year old would you be more or less happy than when you were 20?

Pretty sure the happiest day of my life will be the day after I retire.

I think it’s about psychological growth tbh. The saying I quoted is actually incredibly trite because by definition, the vast majority of young persons will not appreciate their youth- a young person with a whole life stretching ahead of them, and lacking the wisdom that comes from living a life, is not going to understand or fully appreciate their relative good fortune.

2 Likes

Do you ever think like… well old people get a hard time off all the younglings and shit… but old people are just us (yeah fuck you, still classify myself in this) with more experience and shit? No? Neither do I

fun way to think about it is that we’re actually always the same level of happy only our expectation of happiness changes

1 Like

weird that old people were also babies

Are you going to Chezza World of Adventures?

Yes

Babies look quite a lot like old people.

3 Likes

It’s going on the list of options. Thanks.

old people can be adult babies too, I’d imagine

feel a bit worried now that it’s only me that has the expectation of less happiness as life goes on