Do you think dogs feel embarrassment?

Pretty much every evening, Ozzie will disappear upstairs and have a good hump of his bed, before returning downstairs with his lipstick almost dragging on the floor.

Sometimes brings the bed downstairs and does it in the middle of the living room for us to watch.

Not a shred of embarrassment.

6 Likes

Haha! Ozzie fucking rules, man

1 Like

My parents used to make a lot of fuss about their dog farting when she was younger. Complaining about the smell and trying to waft it.

These days when she lets when off she just looks really sad and embarrassed about it

1 Like

I think cats definitely do, less sure about dogs? Feel like dogs don’t mind as long as they’re comfortable and getting attention.

A cat failing to jump over something however always walks off with an air of ‘actually that’s exactly what I meant to do’

2 Likes

I don’t know about embarrassment, but there’s certainly a look of regret as he’s in the bath being hosed down after rolling in fox poo. Not that it stops him from doing it again, of course…

God bless that beautiful creature

4 Likes

Molly will drag her bed into the centre of the living room and shag it like a male dog.

So, no. Our dog does not feel embarrassment.

4 Likes

Definitely feel guilty when they know they’ve done something you don’t want them to.

Costume wearing dogs are just unhappy aren’t they.

Would have said no about embarrassment but not sure.

Sounds like Molly and Ozzie would be the perfect match.

1 Like

Molly would NEVER cheat on her bed with another dog…

2 Likes

Also experienced this but on a train, and it was a guide dog and the poor owner couldn’t see what was going on and nobody would explain it to her. I had to gently tell her her poor dog (who looked utterly distressed and mortified) has an upset stomach and guide her around the many puddles of poo. Felt so sorry for them both. But also very relieved I was getting off at the same stop as there were no crew on the train to tidy it up.

We’ve had our rescue for a couple of weeks - first week she was totally clean in the house, then when she came back (after a failed adoption with another family) she weed on the floor two days in a row. Second time she was definitely looking a bit sheepish.

2 Likes

Think we’ve just about nailed toilet training with Leo but it was especially tough for a winter puppy because he just hated having to go outside. After a couple of months of steady progress he had a relapse; when we had that cold snap a week or so ago he jumped off the sofa and (somewhat defiantly) weed in the middle of the living room.

1 Like

This was a definite test wee. We’d been told she wasn’t housetrained and that’s why she was given back to the rescue by her previous owner so think she was checking we weren’t going to send her away.

Yes

I didn’t know this. Dogs are so pure.

3 Likes

i used to hate this sort of thing, but one or two people i follow on instagram have set up accounts like this for their lovely dogs and i follow them and i am all over it

i think as long as it’s not full of babytalk and woofs it’s acceptable

My god

1 Like

We’ve all been there

3 Likes