Do you think some people find it easy to be nice?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the easiest, how easy do you find it to be nice?

0 voters

that’s the wrong way to do this poll, give me a second

Let’s try this way!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the easiest, how easy do you find it to be nice?

0 voters

I think being nasty would need to be an active decision I’d have to consciously make, don’t know how “nice” I am but I think my default stance is largely pleasant towards people.

9 Likes

Obviously depends on mood etc but I think having always had to turn it on for work helps. I can easily go from down or sulky etc to nice if I need to but it’s a little harder to go from angry to nice. It’s good to be nice imo.

1 Like

I find it much harder to be nice to people when it means inconveniencing me in some way.

• strongly agree
  • agree
  • neutral
  • disagree
  • strongly disagree

0 voters

I am less nice when I am very hungry

• Agree
  • Disagree

0 voters

I’m ridiculously laid back and generally try not to get wound up. It’s just not worth the stress.

I try to be polite and nice to everyone. But if the person is absolute c… they’ll know about it.

think this plays into why I never contact anybody and just wait for people to get in touch with me, that and the fact that I like being left alone and secretly wish that my friends would cancel whenever we have something arranged

1 Like

I think I’m nice enough irl and go out of my way these days to do stuff like make colleagues feel at ease when I’m asking them to do something or chasing them up on something or correcting them, for example. But I’m not very pro-actively thoughtful in that way that seems to come easily to some people and is very admirable.

2 Likes

yeah, I wouldn’t think to ask people about xyz from their lives, loads of stuff people tell me I forget immediately if it doesn’t interest me :flushed:

felt bad the other day I was in the coffee shop and the barista guy was like “oh you were out at Tim’s party the other week!” didn’t remember who he was at all, seemed like a nice guy though.

I think I am almost unfailingly polite, but I don’t know quite how that correlates to niceness, which feels like more of a proactive kind of behaviour.

1 Like

he’s a big metalhead and used to be in a band called chainsaw sodomy

7 Likes

Cheers.

1 Like

Ha! Chainsaw Wedgie was a rejected name for my first band

3 Likes

hadn’t seen him for years, seemed less alt-right edgelord than I feared thankfully. Mostly just talked to him about the 1998 PC game Deus Ex

2 Likes

I’m a lot nicer in real life than I am online. But I get less nice the better I know you. Well there’s a rise in niceness the start with then it’s all downhill

that’s surprising as you already seem very nice on here

1 Like

I dont think I’m like evil or anything, but specific acts of kindness are things I’ll overthink into just not doing them sometimes, and I think I can come across as unintentionally aloof / rude very easily

1 Like