Do your parents...

one is / one isn’t

4 Likes

My mum has only just started texting and my dad uses his tablet solely to look at used fishing boats and the webcam on the beach he’s in charge of.

7 Likes

Spoil their grandchildren waaaay more than they ever did you and your siblings

• Massive spoilers (y)
  • Fair’s fair (n)

0 voters

Last time I went round there were 3 televisions audible to me when I opened the door. I went to investigate and two were showing the same thing and nobody was watching any of them. I found My mum and dad upstairs in the bathroom, the door was closed and I wondered what the fuck they were doing, they assured me it was safe to enter so I did. They were both fully clothed, my mum sat on the closed lid of the toilet, telling my dad about some local beefs; my dad was perched on the edge of the bath reading a manual for a type of car he does not and has never owned, not listening to a word. They didn’t see anything odd about any of this.

46 Likes

This is really heartwarming
Can’t imagine my parents ever being in the same bathroom together

1 Like

Not, they don’t wear headphones.

My dad uses earphones though.

My parents neighbours down two doors, of detached houses to illustrate the distance, came round to complain about the kids playing their music too loud at 8 on a Sunday night as they were trying to dlerp… My mum for some reason apologised.

Of course it was my dad on his electric guitar playing so so loud. 🤷

5 Likes

No but i wish they would because it might prevent this:

A man after my own heart.

4 Likes

My mum dreams of the city and is very proud of me

3 Likes

I’d have parties/people round etc as a teen, wonder where everyone was. Oh yes, playing guitar with my Dad. :grin:

4 Likes

My mum doesn’t read books or watch films or telly in her spare time. I’m really confused as to what she does

Project their own insecurities and mistakes onto you

• Obviously
  • No

0 voters

This did me a bit

5 Likes

I say don’t drink, i mean, they have a pint or a glass of wine but never get drunk. My dad studied wines to luke the second highest level, ffs

Yep.
Also I’m answering this with my mum and step-dad in mind as they are my ‘parents’ . Haven’t seen my dad for a few years :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yet has a box of non descript white wine in the fridge :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Swear down, i don’t even get them. Why understand wine and drink that shit for pleasure, when you’re like, baby boomer homeowner rich and only want small amounts anyway? Not like they need to save money for the other 47 bottles they’ll drink that year.

1 Like

call for really basic tech support on at least a weekly basis. stuff like the phone not working (and calling on other parent’s phone) because airplane mode is on, or how to attach a file to an email, making no effort to solve the issue through trial and error:

• yes, happens to me
  • no

0 voters

Drinking white wine out of a box to enjoy a small glass of wine :thinking::rofl:

1 Like