Do your parents...

Tbf your parents wiped your bottom for years and taught you how to use a spoon.

3 Likes

get really stressed out and irritable at airports:

• ffs yes
  • no

0 voters

YES BUT THE TECHNOLOGY IS DESIGNED WITH THIS IN MIND AND GIVES YOU LOADS OF SIGNPOSTS TO SOLVE THE ISSUE YOURSELF.

I mean…
Spoons are pretty self explanatory too…

3 Likes

Never been to an airport with my parents. I would imagine my mum.is stressed, checking passports and so on whereas my dad is just wandering around setting off security alarms with the harmonica he forgot was at the bottom of his bag. Bit like me and mrS tbh. Guess which I am??

i’ll give you a quote by my man robbie smith in response to this:

They do not have children,[191] as they decided early in life and in their marriage that they did not want children. Smith said he was against it as he not only objects to having been born

5 Likes

harmonica person

Oh yes. :star_struck:

1 Like

i’m internally stressed and irritable, but make a real point out of appearing as calm and laid back as possible. the extent where if I’m travelling with someone i’ll be like ‘yeah, might as well go and board the plane now…who even gives a fuck mate’, but internally I will be ‘YOU’RE SPENDING TOO LONG LOOKING AT GIANT TOBLERONES YOU FUCK, WE’RE GOING TO MISS THE PLANE EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVEN’T EVEN ANNOUNCED BOARDING YET FUCK’

5 Likes

For some reason my dad watches TV at a volume below the range of normal human hearing.

They don’t call me, they just argue between themselves about it. They both worked in IT for about 45 years each but my mum can’t work her phone or sat nav or work out how to change their milk delivery, and my dad has gone the other way and finds that nothing works on any of his devices because he’s always installed obscure operating system/browser combinations

3 Likes

We’ve always got the subtitles on, started doing it when our kid was a baby and wouldn’t sleep anywhere except for on one of us but we still wanted to be able to watch TV and understand it. I’m pretty used to it now, and like @AdrianWebb, I can justify it to myself that there’s an educational reason, even if it’s actually because the only time I really watch TV is when I’m eating and I need to be able to understand over my munching!

3 Likes

Liza Tarbuck’s great! Definitely drinking on air

1 Like

She plays some really good stuff tbf, but yeah she’s clearly half cut. Brilliant.

3 Likes

Absolute GBOL as well

1 Like

All my mum seems to do is plan holidays and post stuff on Facebook. Whenever I call my parents she always says they’re in the middle of tidying up, but I’ve got no idea what they keep tidying. She’s retired and has no hobbies so I have no idea what she does with her time. Hmm this is quite sad actually.

2 Likes

My mum listens to 5live :confused:

2 Likes

My dad not only listens to 5live, he Tweets at them and texts them. To be fair, he also has a go at MPs on Twitter because he’s become angrily progressive (or at least more so) in his old age - he wrote me and my brother an email apologising for his generation after the referendum

4 Likes

The thing that irks me about the tech support stuff isn’t imparting the same information over and over, it’s when the tech gets blamed, that the website or device in question isn’t cooperating. It’s like no you’re literally hammering it with nonsensical demands

1 Like

My ma listens to LBC nonstop and is a real James o Brien addict :sweat_smile: the old man didn’t have time for radio there was too much improvised jazz to sway to

1 Like