The Rolling Doctor Who Thread

Nice to have it back.

Quite enjoyed that opener. Rollicked along at a fair old rate, looked smart, sounded brilliant.

Great to see The Master back again. Really clever reveal and felt like the character of old I grew up liking than more recent incarnations.

Enjoy it?

1 Like

Yer man seemed to be doing an impression of John Simms version. T hat was the only bit I saw.

The names Master, Spy Master!
License to do something or other.
Found it a lot of silly flash and little substance to be honest.
Making some nice digs at social media lads tho.

Yeah it was heavily taking the piss out of Bond at times eh?

Just checked and the name of the episode was ‘Spyfall’.
Fucking hell Dr Who team. FUCKING HELL

2 Likes

They should just do rip-off episode titles like that for this whole latest series - The Man With the Silver Gun, Marsraker etc

1 Like

Lenny Henry may have become a proper actor - but he can’t actually act.

From Skaro with Love.

Just looked up some of the James Bond novel titles. “Trigger Mortis”!
Fucking hell lads.

2 Likes

Me and the TV didn’t really enjoy the last season but will give this a spin soon, heard it was good

Enjoyed it more than i thought i would. Found henrys moustache very offputting though.

That was one we published! Good stuff.

1 Like

Nice, my other fave novel title is: Never Send Flowers

Dr Who

1 Like

Dr who vocal chords

2 Likes

You only live twelvce (then they change the rules and you can live more or something its not terribly clear)

1 Like

really enjoyed this, lot of fun

1 Like

that episode was completely batshit but loads of fun. feel like this season is going to be much stronger than the last one already, and i really liked the last one. felt like this ep set up lots of really intriguing stuff while still being quite satisfying in its own way

1 Like

I’ve only done episode 3 so far and they’ve all been pretty good fun, though 3 was a bit clichĂ©d at times. But I’ve heard good things about 4 and 5.

Yeah that was great wasn’t it?

Had massive John Smith / Family Blood vibes just before it was revealed and I suddenly clicked about how she’d called Lee ‘companion’. Nicely done.

1 Like