Doctor Who's a woman

I think you’re spot on there. Outside of Eccleston’s series and Matt Smith’s first, I don’t think there’s been a Doctor’s first series where they fully nail their interpretation of the character. Tennant’s first series was shonky as f*ck.

Hopefully next time round, a combination of fewer Chibnall scripts (I don’t hate his episodes, but it was definitely lead-writer heavy this year) and more guest writers with a better grip on the regulars’ performances should put things in good stead.

2 Likes

This was my favourite thing about the episode - it’s all very well having the Daleks being the all-conquering sleek silent-assassin threat, but with all those sharp jerky movements, it was quite a nice change to have a Dalek essentially playing the part of an angry, jittery, caffeinated Brexit gammon tank.

2 Likes

See, there’s another potential username. Mods, sort it out.

1 Like

I liked the whole series except for the stupid frog

Enjoyed the series apart from all the stuff about the home life of the companions. At least half the New Year episode was Boring Ryan sat in a cafe being boring with his boring dad who only turned up five minutes earlier to add to the boredom.

1 Like

Captured the general bleakness of the festive period quite nicely I thought.

1 Like