Doctor Who's a woman

Just a keen hobbyist, really, but if you pop the trousers off and hop on the table I’ll take a quick look.

Nice try, pal, but I’m not hopping half-naked on a table for anyone.

it’s okay man i had literally no idea about doctor who being anything other than shite before i entered this thread

7 Likes

naked or nothing

1 Like

The Doctor’s been a woman before! Joanna Lumley!

DUDE THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT CANON

EDIT: back me up Theo, counting on you here.

1 Like

Have you noticed that some people write “cannon” instead of “canon”?

2 Likes

my cousin died many years ago very suddenly, of course this was very sad.
Anyhoo we went to the church for his funeral and everyone was greetin and super sad, they played the dr who theme music as we all sat there at the start cos he was a big dr who fan and of course this set off the giggles for me and my siblings, like fucking pishing ourselves laughing.

Always thought ma cuz would have seen the funny side as well :grinning:

10 Likes

oh fs:

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/17/jodie-whittaker-doctor-who-the-sun/

If you watch the video revealing who the new doctor is while playing Doctorin the Tardis, the theme tune bit kicks in right as the reveal happens. Very satisfying, would recommend everyone does it.

what did you sign?

Pretty sure it sort of is considered canon? I can’t recall now but those Whovians have a lot of love for that episode, it seems.

This thread title keeps reminding me of Tom Baker’s ship’s captain in Blackadder II

:smiley:

1 Like

Read a good point yesterday about how the vast majority of feedback has been very positive yet people have actively been hunting out and highlighting the negative views

1 Like

YOU HAVE A WOMAN’S SONIC SCREWDRIVER!

6 Likes

There were a bunch of comments immediately to the BBC announcement on Twitter that were exactly the sort of misogynist/weird crap we would expect. So I think the comments are out there for sure and in large numbers.

However, I don’t always accept they’re made from the position of being a fucking idiot, rather I think there’s a certain amount trolling that comes in this form via an expectation. I mean there are loads of people I’ve met who I can imagine totally insincerely posting this sort of shit because it would amuse them to see people getting wound up by it / just the reaction.

So viewing this through the prism of comments online isn’t really telling us much. Although it is obviously generating a lot of publicity for Doctor Who, none of which is focusing on the new show runner, Chris Chibnall, having never done a particularly great Doctor Who story in his time on the show.

1 Like

um well you sure showed them

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Still a disappointing bunch that aren’t. From racial ignorance to misogynist artwork and weird places in between

2 Likes

Alright NEEEERDS, the new version of Shada (Tom Baker era) is going to be showing at the Sun cinema in Yarraville down the road from me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba3XcArBPu4/?taken-by=theogb451

Might try to go.

Quite looking forward to this pals.

1 Like