Does a flyer/poster exist for the first gig you ever went to?

Thread idea thanks to someone who put this on Facebook today
I was 9 :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

Who was the support in the end?

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

Couldn’t find one for the Portsmouth show but was the last date on this tour.

4 Likes

Kriss Kross and Rozalla (the woman who sang everybodys free (to feel good)) :smiley:

2 Likes

Not of the actual gig that I can find which was Blood Brothers supported by Help She Can’t Swim in 2007

My parents took me to this when I was 11 for a day

3 Likes

Saw them at Manchester Apollo.
s-l400

3 Likes

Yes! Amazing.

1 Like

Tindersticks and Tool below Sunna. Lovely stuff.

2 Likes

Can’t find one online for it (mew and okgo at rescue rooms)

INXS at Liverpool Royal Court at the start of their Kick tour on my 16th birthday in 1987.

Sinead O’connor supported, in advance of The Lion and The Cobra. Just her and a guitar.

8 Likes

I’m not proud

Graphic design is my passion

9 Likes

Venue snap!

1 Like

searching for this informed me they did a 20th anniversary run of shows for this last year :older_man:

2 Likes

What a place it was!

Doesn’t mention the supports, one was definitely the Sultans Of Ping and I think the other was Eugenius, but they may have been for The Lemonheads the following week

6 Likes

Charlatans 1995 for me Went to the Manchester Academy show. Still got my crumpled ticket. The Bluetones and The Rainkings were supporting.

2 Likes

Can’t find one unfortunately. It was Genesis on the Mama Tour at the NEC in early 1984 (yeah not the coolest first gig ever), went there by coach with a mate. They apparently did a week of dates there so I can’t remember exactly which date we went.

I did buy this poster there though and had it on my bedroom wall for a few years

1 Like

Cool that the setlist is documented. Medleytastic!

1 Like