Does anyone have those glasses (spectacles) that won't stay clean no matter how much you wipe them?

it’s all a big racket

If you’re using a big racket as a pair of glasses this could be the source of the problem

1 Like

Yes.
Well, I thought I did, then I realised they were scratched. Still try to clean that scratch off multiple times a day.

What are you using to clean them?

I usually use whatever I’m wearing and while it does the job to a minimal standard, the best clean comes from those chamois cloths that come in the glasses case.

1 Like

Chamois plus optional windolene.

Not that my specs are ever clean.

the cloth that comes with the case, microfibre cloths, water and tissue paper (not supposed to do that but fuck them), screen wipes, spectacle wipes from Boots (i think the latter work the best but it feels so wasteful and half the time they seem to have dried out in the packaging)

:notes: :notes: :notes:

2 Likes

I may have unwittingly woken the ghosts of Flanders and Swann.

2 Likes

1 Like

My last pair of glasses were pretty bad for this.

yep, i just have to blast them with hot water and scrub them with a rough towel 2 or 3 times a day

Best thing I’ve found is swish them around in a bowl of hot fairy liquid-ed water, dry paper towel to polish. But they never stay clean for more than a couple of hours, it’s maddening.

After wearing specs my whole life I had bloody laser surgery in 2000 so I wouldn’t have to wear the bastards ever again. Stupid astigmatism and age!