Does Spotify keep trying to push certain bands on you?

Seems like no matter what I listen to, if I let it run til it’s playing random shit after it there will always be Have a Nice Life or Sweet Trip played within 2-3 songs.

How about that?!

Whenever there’s even a sniff of new Imagine Dragons music out there, Spotify insists on putting it in all my weekly playlists. Really annoying. I’ll quite freqently be be sat there, enjoying my own business, when suddenly I’m all like, what is this dross. Lo and behold, it’ll almost certainly be another flaming Imagine flaming Dragons song.

Hi @Avery

Hi @jordan_229. Are you enjoying listening to Sweet Trip?

Yeah they’re quite decent.

LSD and the search for god seem to be appearing more now too

I hope you enjoy them too. That sounds like fun.

Morrissey the massive twat.

Duster, even though they don’t exist.

1 Like

Has he had a rebrand and this is his new band name?

2 Likes

diarrhea planet. they might be good but obviously never going to listen to them to find out

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Discover Weekly playlist, their algorithms have my tastes pegged pretty well and I usually find more than half of the playlist is both new to me and up my street.

They do seem to overestimate my interest in Polica, who are always top of my release radar whatever they are putting out and whoever else has material out.

1 Like

I kindda hate their algorithym adding songs with weekly discovers but what bugs me more is the regional music that spotify blocks they think you always like what they forcefully throw at you and doing it when having a long ass playlist is pretty fucking infuriating

EVERY TIME AN ALBUM FINISHES AND ARTIST RADIO COMES ON IT’S ALWAYS DESIRE LINES BY DEERHUNTER

I NOW HATE DEERHUNTER

1 Like