Dog thread 🐾🐶🐕🐾

Thought I’d try this out on an actual dog. Surprisingly accurate:

Not sure about this though:

1 Like

I’ve fed it several photos of my mystery dog. So far, she is a chihuahua (twice), a Norfolk terrier, an Australian cattle dog, a Tibetan spaniel, and a Boerboel.

1 Like

:thinking:

7 Likes

Theo, why have I downloaded this? And why am I still gleefully playing with it? :laughing:

Err… I can’t help you there. I used the website only :grin:

The bottom dog looks a lot like our pup’s mum…do you know the breed?

Getting into the swing of having Martha around now…first training lesson on Saturday…I think she was easily the youngest but definitely not the naughtiest…which gave me petty competitive owner pride.

Dog walkers we’re currently asking to pop in once a day to let her out briefly aren’t very impressive… regularly don’t pick up poo, play far too aggressively with her and turned up after I got home last week :confused:

Gonna dog sit them for a few days next week! I’m so excited. Prepare yourselves for lots of photos.

met this angel on the weekend

dunno the breed but she used to be a stray in Uganda

4 Likes

Bottom one is a (working) cocker. He’s quite big for his breed actually.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a shitty experience with walkers. There’s loads out there so keep looking I guess?

When we first looked, there appeared to be only two in the area, with one of them not getting back to us. We’ll look again, obviously, by widening the scope somewhat.

Hopefully, were going to only need 2/3 days a week from when she’s a bit older…and we have family/friends that could help out, especially once we’ve done a bulk of training

Attention Staffy (and dogs generally) lovers:

2 Likes

What’s PETA’s reasoning behind this?

They’re knobheads? I dunno tbh. It’s ludicrous though, Staffys are insanely well natured, one of the only breeds where an affinity to children is inherent in them.

1 Like

Yeah I know that, but I’m interested to see where they’re coming from. Are they positing that so many Staffs have horrible lives and by adding them to the banned list you’d hopefully reduce the flow?

That might well be part of it in fairness. The amount that end up in Battersea and the likes is heartbreaking.

Exactly that, apparently:

And it’s not just pit bulls and Staffies. PETA is opposed to all dog breeding, and we support any legislation that stops this cruel and exploitative practice. Dogs inevitably suffer when humans play around with their genetics to produce certain physical characteristics, whether it’s Cavalier King Charles spaniels, who are bred to have skulls that are too small for their brains – often resulting in an agonising condition called syringomyelia – or English bulldogs and pugs, whose “pushed-in” faces can cause them severe breathing problems and prevent them from running and playing.

Fully support this tbh.

2 Likes

Massively this. The popularity of pugs and french bulldogs and the like is really horrible.

2 Likes

My cousin’s frenchie is so, so ill and unhealthy, it’s really upsetting.

1 Like