Domestic Grievances Thread

I’ve been home a lot because I’m ill, and she’s in Seattle, so the house is pristine and organised. I now have to leave for Berlin (at the airport now) and get back late on Friday. She gets back first thing Saturday. I know by the end of the weekend it will be a state again :cry:

1 Like

only acceptable response is to get 2 x as jacked as him on your down time to teach him a lesson

3 Likes

This reminds me of someone at school who claimed to be allergic to snow whenever you went to throw a snowball at him. Didn’t stop him making and throwing his own though.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Please, please, PLEASE if an item of clothing needs washing, please put it in the washing basket before we put a wash on. The need to put a wash on is based on the fullness of the washing basket so “can I add a few extra bits?” to an already full load is not a sentence I should still be hearing on a weekly basis after three years of cohabiting.

4 Likes
1 Like

5 Likes

Housemate puts the heating on full, and then sits around in shorts and a t-shirt. Gets in the way whenever I’m in the kitchen. Leaves lights on all around the house. Fills the fridge up with food that never gets eaten. Coats everywhere.

2 Likes

The thing that annoys me THE MOST is that we have a very narrow kitchen and there is space elsewhere we can hang washing (like the perfect spot in the hall, by the radiator which could easily be the dedicated place for the airer to go BUT NO we got free space? oh let’s get this old chair from the street and place that there instead!) so our kitchen is a constant game of moving around a full clothes airer.

Need to get in the fridge? Move airer to the sink.
Need to get to the sink? Move airer to the oven
Now you need to get in the oven? Wheres it gonna go? Oh in front of the entrance to the kitchen.

3 Likes

Is your washing basket the exact capacity of your washing machine?

wtf i’d move out
that is no way to live.

1 Like

Happy medium (the sink)

2 Likes

It’s the exact capacity of our drying facilities.

Had our first house meal since the Bin Tally Chart of Pride started.

Housemate registered zero taking outs of any of the bins. Last night she was shamed into taking out the food waste and we filmed her and asked her if she knew where it went.

She said she’ll buy us all a pint. We don’t want a pint. We just want her to take the bins out 1/5 of the time.

18 Likes

I think this might be my pettiest one yet, but:

Say dinner’s ready. We’ll watch something on Netflix or whatever. If she’s dishing up or getting the cutlery or whatever, I’ll get whatever it is we’re watching queued up (telly on, choose Netflix app, choose program, change sound from 5.1 so the sound bar works) so that when the food is in front of us we can hit play and start eating. Sensible. Efficient.

But if I’m the one doing the kitchen stuff, I’ll come out with the food to see the telly off (or AT BEST on the pre-Netflix blue screen) and her sat on the sofa dicking about on her phone so I have to faff around with the sound bar etc while my food gets very slightly colder.

IRKED.

14 Likes

Wait what

So there’s dirty forks just sat on the side?

STINKY HOUSE

I can very often hear loud FRIENDS episodes well into the night due to flatmate #2 regularly going to bed at about 4/5am but I feel like I’d be a jerk to get him to turn down what’s essentially just him watching telly, so I just silently grudge it.

2 Likes

There seems to be no correlation in her head between “there is currently space to dry this load of washing” and “I’m going to put a load of washing on”.

1 Like

Probs the job I hate the most:

• I take the bins out
  • I do not take the bins out

0 voters

heavens knows if I didn’t nobody would

2 Likes