Domestic tasks ranked by effort:reward ratio

Kitchen surfaces: moderate effort, high reward. Positive ratio.

Laundry: high effort, minimum reward. Negative ratio.

1 Like

It’s good to have clean laundry tbh

16 Likes

Taking a wipe and running it along a skirting board, removing dust and dirt - low effort, medium/high reward

8 Likes

Wiping crumbs off the counter top makes me want to be sick. The sensation is all wrong.

3 Likes

That laundry line is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. Well done.

5 Likes

Laundry you just shove in the machine then you get to wear your favourite pants again

9 Likes

Yeah but it’s one of those absolute bare minimum requirements for participating in society things. Not doing laundry = bad, but there’s no positive reward for doing it. Just the absence of a negative.

3 Likes

Emptying the dishwasher: moderate effort, no reward at all. The things are now in a different place. Great.

12 Likes

You have to gather it up, possibly separate out by colours or woolen stuff or delicates, stick it in the machine, then - after all the easy stuff so far - you need to hang the fucking lot up to dry then wait around until you can put it away!!

And for what? So you don’t smell. Brilliant.

3 Likes

I like toilet ducking the bog, dunno what ratio it is though

Defrosting the freezer - high effort and high reward

3 Likes

get yourself a washing machine

2 Likes

Hoovering: the carpets will get dirty again in time and we are all going to die anyway: a certain ratio.

3 Likes

put laundry in basket, empty laundry baskets, take downstairs, sort out, put wash on, take out some to dry on drying rack, put some on drying cycle, when dry fold up into piles for the different humans, leave piles around house or complete the worst step of putting away in correct draws and order.
It is THE WORST

9 Likes

Changing the bed sheets is high effort but definitely high reward.

20 Likes

I think this is a low effort:low reward ratio. I also enjoy it but it doesn’t achieve the immediate effect of e.g. cleaning bathroom surfaces.

1 Like

You need a Roomba.

Buying a frostless freezer - cost high, reward infinite.

1 Like

You don’t fucking tell me what I need!

it’s all in the laundry basket

lol aye sure

which takes about four seconds

this bit is slightly annoying but fine really

1 Like

If I put my shirts through the dry cycle I might as well bin them because they become a tangled mess that take at least 15+ mins to iron

3 Likes