Donnerstag tut voll weh

eier
spätzle

Here I am in rural Austria. It feels weird to be tucked away somewhere where nothing ever happens in a week of international political turmoil, and where all my friends back home are going on demos. It’s very snowy here. It’s a nice small town, but I bet if you grow up here, you long for Vienna, which is about 2 hours away through a load of forest (and there is no nearer city). I’m working 7.30 to 2pm CET, so what with talking to people back home and the 1 hour time difference, I feel like everything is happening ridiculously early every day.

I am pretty much pinging from one extreme edge of Austria to the other for the next four weeks (with one week solid in Vienna and quite a few Saturdays). The only border I don’t hit this time is the Hungarian one. I’ll be in Switzerland in a couple of weeks too.

Lots of snow.

Austria has finally mastered the art of the vege cold cut (sadly not vegan- milk protein, but trying to eat vegan in rural Austria is a fool’s errand). So I can join in with everyone continually eating ham rolls all day long.

Lots of hearty soup.

And vegetarian options that are dumpling/noodle based with scrambled egg.

Eaten in places that look like this.

German is a melodious language.

Also this house in town is really cool. Dunno who lives there.

Later I have to rehearse a short play about British history with a load of 13 year olds.

Und du? Was ist passiert?

Here I am in urban Australia. It feels weird to be tucked away somewhere where nothing ever happens in a week of international political turmoil, and where all my friends back home are going on demos. It’s very sunny here. It’s a nice small city, but I bet if you grow up here, you long for anywhere else, which is about 8 hours away on a plane (it’s a huge country). I’m working 8 to 5pm AEST, so what with talking to anyone who’ll listen and the 10 hour time difference, I feel like everything is happening while I’m asleep.

I am pretty much pinging from my home to a collaborative workspace in the city (which has a shower, but the bulb has gone. I told them about it a week ago and it’s still not been fixed). The only border I don’t hit this time is all of them. I’ll be in Australia in a couple of weeks still.

Lots of sand.

Australia has finally mastered the art of the selling vegetables at really expensive prices. I cut this pepper (known as a capsicum) and found a worm in it. I didn’t know whether I should complain or something, it was still alive, but ended up just throwing it away.

Lots of hearty lizards.

And sudden rainstorms in summer which you find out about through an SMS / Email service that lets you know when one’s on the way.

Eaten in places that look like this.

Australian is a melodious language.

Also this car is really racist. Dunno who owns it.

Later I have to do a set at a decent comedy night with a load of drunken Australians. I’ve got my heat of the RAW comedy competition this time next week, so hopefully just a case of fine tuning.

And you? What ya reckon?

Is this the thursday thread? I’ve just made porridge and put the packet away, then realised the cupboard where i keep the porridge was still open and the porridge wasn’t in there. So where have i put the porridge??? I’ve looked in all the cupboards, even looked in the washing machine. Going to have to go to the shops later so I have something to eat for breakfast ffs

Looks ace. Love Austria. You get to do any skiing or sledging this week?

Was up at before six to get into Brizzxle for an Early Years immersion day. On the bus, which is going slower than j could walk. Still, yoga later.

Football last night…Pep is definitely by new favourite sexy manager. Sorry José

this means nothing to me

Austria. Australia. Same place really, ignoring minor things like kangaroos and snow.

Parklife!

Woke up in one of those foul moods where you hate the world and everything in it. Even listening to painfully loud sludge on the way to work didn’t help.

Fuck off, whatever day this is.

I am still off work with stress and finding it mega hard to not be insanely anxious and a bit depressed. I’m seeing my mum later which should help!

I wanted a coffee but the man in the shop hadn’t turned the machine on yet and told me I had to wait 10mins. Who owns a coffee shop and doesn’t turn their machine on til 8:50???

Urgh

CONS - Woke up with a backache; as terrified of everyone of the world; wrote to my MP to tell her off for voting for the article 50 thing, expecting a simpering reply.

PROS - Working from home tomorrow; coming as close as I’ll ever come to seeing the Grateful Dead tonight; seeing Julian Cope on Saturday.

Hello everyone.

Guten Morgen Em, G’day @ma0sm, Hi everyone else!

Washing machine broke last night

hello em

i’m drinking coffee and playing zelda and hoping to christ that the job i was up til 1am finishing doesn’t come back today. have i mentioned how much i love coffee? it is good.

pff i would NOT be going back there

Morning all. Finally got around to seeing Zero Days on the iPlayer last night. Terrifying that a tiny piece of malware could sabotage a nuclear power station on the other side of the planet and start some kind of cyber World War 3 (a/s/l etc), the potential is genuinely staggering.

Went to see Conor Oberst last night, I’m glad he found the harmonica relatively late in his career. Audiences have definitely become more obnoxious in recent times. Going to a tableau user group event tonight, sadly pretty excited

Yeah I never normally go there! I was early for my train so thought why not.

If you wanna hate on this coffee shop even more, it’s actually in a bike shop…!

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Congratulations,

THIS IS NOW THE CYCLING THREAD