Dr DiS: Allergies!

Fucking trolls! :slight_smile:

Nope, same diet as ever.

scabies?

2 Likes

After years of eczema pains, my dermatologist prescribed me methotrexate and folic acid, along with anti-histamines. Doesn’t help with everything, but has made my skin better and subsequently life is much easier. Methotrexate is something that’s also used for some patients with arthritis, might be something you speak to a consultant about?

1 Like

Nope

Sounds like you might have a comics allergy. Please destroy your collection and report back.

Methotrexate is a fairly extreme solution though (can cause more problems than it solves) so would recommend exhausting other options before trying that.

4 Likes

Nope, actually dropped it a bit after getting a scary bill. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sadpunk is there anyone new in your life lately that you could be allergic to? :thinking:

1 Like

My immune system is really shit. I have had asthma since I was 5, and have hayfever, dust, cat and dog allergies.

However, they have all improved with age, and I need anti-histamines (cetirizine) for much less of the hayfever season now.

After many years of looking for patterns, the best theory I have is that mine flare up and then diminish on long 3-5 year cycles, apparently at random. Could be completely wrong, but that’s the best I have.

I would definitely get yourself to the doctors though mate.

1 Like

This is interesting, thanks!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Okay, what’s the best way to destroy them?

Sea burial

I’m a long way from a coast, can I just flush them?

1 Like

I’ve psoriasis that I’ve managed for years and now over the last 4 months whiskey has started to make it flair up.
It’s not fair!!!

Just a proper inconvenient condition isn’t it?

1 Like

It can fuck off.

1 Like

Oh come on, don’t pander to him; just call him @Epimer like the rest of us do.

That’s Dr Epimer to you, “pal”.

Am I dying, Dr Epimer?