Drag City on Spotify?!?

Can everyone who hasn’t listened to the Silver Jews just do it please? They are the best band ever and you will not regret it :smiley:

5 Likes

Was actually sat in awe at some of the lyrics earlier (it’s been a while) - guy’s truly exceptional.

2 Likes

Random Rules probably one of the greatest album openers.

3 Likes

I only know one song from their (I think) last album that I had as a free download from somewhere years ago (Strange Victory). Looking forward to diving in properly when I get back home later in the week

You’re in for an absolute treat. American Water in particular is incredible

3 Likes

I’d put the natural bridge up there too.

wonder if they will start adding download codes to LPs aswell?

I’m fans of Wand, Ty Segall, OM albums on Drag City so glad they’ve made it to Spotify.

Anyone else still struggling to actually search for the artists. A link to the artist’s page from that playlist works fine for eg. Bill Callahan. But search for him and you get nothing.

Ignore me. Did something weird…

Bright Flight 4 lyf

1 Like

Hoping that the Papa M, Loose Fur and Ghost stuff will show up at some point.

1 Like

Whilst I admired their dedication to the no streaming thing, that’s honeslty a business practice that, if you don’t mind me saying

CAN GO F*** it’s self and is very anti-consumer

Can’t you just plug your phone into your car stereo? Or download the albums from the CD or vinyl code and listen to them on headphones?

I used to be so anti streaming but yeah I agree

Nouns is probably still my favourite but I also really rated the slightly more restrained feedback drenched ambiance that they created on An Object.

1 Like

Ah man, that sucks! I’d only listened to Snares once or two but picked a ticket regardless due to their reputation as being an impressive live act. Did you manage to get out of work and blag a ticket in the end?

Heh I wish! Last two joanna newsome albums on vinyl don’t come with a download code. She seems to really hate any kind of electronic music transmission! You’re either spinning the black circle or you’re not listening.

And yes I know I COULD buy the cds instead and this is a problem of my own creation to an extent but no thanks

Ha in that case I’d probably just err pirate the mp3s

Meh not making a judgement if that’s your thing but not for me. I’d rather just whinge about my first world problems on here!