1 Like

yeah that was a fucking robbery

also i wanted to see enya so much, i hate it when ru sticks her oar in

5 Likes

I was really excited for Louis Walsh :triumph:

3 Likes

Dont get the Jonbers love at all.

1 Like

Waste of an hour, really. It’s such a shame this show can veer between incredible and absolutely dreadful from episode to episode.

wait… you guys thought Le Fil won that lip sync??? in what world, execution was uncomfortably messy and didn’t even fit the song. pretty crud lip sync in general but still

in all honesty, I was super excited for Le Fil at first and the looks are great, but since episode 4 he’s flopped in every challenge (saw loads of people on Reddit suggesting he should have won the rusical… one of the most crackhead opinions i’ve ever seen gain traction on there), attempts at humour are so horribly cringe that it’s borderline unwatchable for me, runways can only go so far! obv in Snatch Game Peppa was worse - one of the worst ever - but the Marie Kondo was so hard to watch and had no layers at all. I feel like the fandom feels so aggrieved about the perceived early elimination of Asian queens that they automatically latch onto Asian queens and hype them up beyond what they’re actually offering. Le Fil is super talented and the looks are stunning but I haven’t really seen anything beyond that which makes me think he should have lasted longer in the competition… i would have had him in the bottom last week tbh

Jonbers was great last week no question, and was definitely one of the better ones this week but i really didn’t like the idea of the character and would much rather have seen Enya (although i think she’d have flopped). I hate it when it’s a lazy idea like that rather than actually doing a known character. That said, I fully expected to hate the Elizabeth I characterisation that Cheddar did as I usually find the historical Snatches unbearable (Mary Queen of Scots, William Shakespeare, Mona Lisa… Symone’s Harriet Tubman was good though) and thought she did a great job. with the runway, fully deserved the win

1 Like

What a godawful lipsync song choice. What the hell were they supposed to do with that?! No wonder it was a mess.

They’re good queens this season but I can’t really get into it this year.

100%. Fil wasn’t robbed at all, her runway looks have been beautiful but she’s been playing the exact same character with the same energy in all the challenges, I literally had to look away from the telly during Marie Kondo (also couldn’t watch lil Nas or Ireland). If anyone was robbed it was Dakota not being in the top this week.

2 Likes

peppa went straight for the tricks and shit (which gets boring at the best of times), didn’t fit the song at all, least fil camped it up, imo. there’s an argument to be made to remove her on track record, sure.

wait wait this was the rusical? I believe this classifies as a ‘hot take’ (too hot for my liking)

1 Like

yeah I don’t think Peppa did a good job and it was a bit chaotic all round but Le Fil was soooo much messier, everything was painful and took too long, I couldn’t tell what was intentional and what wasn’t. It was so obviously a losing performance to me personally. I have an ingrained hatred of queens leaving their outfits on the stage because it’s a tripping hazard but even overlooking that I thought it was really poor.

And yes - no one really did a bad job but Le Fil was giving the same manic, annoying energy as in the improv (and then again in this episode). There’s always a few roles where you’re destined to fall into the bottom because they’re just not important/impactful enough and that’s what I thought of his role. Which is what happened I guess in as much as him being ranked low. But I had a lot more fun watching Baby in the rusical.

I don’t hate LF or anything, I just don’t vibe with how he tries to be funny and I definitely think the fandom is overestimating him

1 Like

Agreed. I think their approach to humour is so one note that eventually it stops being funny and just becomes boring. I liked Le Fil but had him down to go home early from the start. Surprised he lasted this long tbh.

This post paid for by PROF$.

I thought leaving a massive coat centre stage and then using it as your own little performance space was a pretty sly move.

I’m enjoying this season but that was the poorest episode. Snatchgame can be a chore at the best of times, let alone when the two funny queens bomb. That said, Dakota is my favourite drag queen in some time. That she was just safe made sense for story reasons, but that was definitely high from me.

I think it’s quite funny that Danny Beard didn’t get critiqued at all, when it was a pretty horrendous snatch game. Clearly they want Danny in the final and putting her in the bottom here would ruin that. Reminded me a bit of how in UKS1, Baga Chips was safe for that Evil Brillo pad look. Speaking of Baga - wow was she phoning it in, trotting out references when her string was pulled.

Although it worked for Jonbers, whose snatch game felt extremely uncomfortable - queens should not listen to Ru Paul’s advice in the snatch game workroom! They should stick to what they’ve prepared because usually, rushing to do whatever Ru suggests goes badly. All that said I think the producers will have been glad that Danny didn’t do well - they won’t want to have considered giving her a third win in a row. And she’ll likely be back on an All Stars after Cheddar takes the crown!

3 Likes

Such a great episode until the end. Wouldn’t have had Dakota in the bottom two and even then, don’t agree that Pixie was better. Not sure if you send someone out in that padding and nose contour, you shouldn’t get the chance to redeem it with a lip sync anyway

4 Likes

Oh dear. Not sure where to start with that. Dakota has had a really good story this season… and it just… ends? After mid-critiques? I thought Jonbers 100% should have been in the bottom with Pixie, and I’d then put Black Peppa low before Dakota. Dakota’s sister looked fantastic and was praised by the judges, so the bottom placement doesn’t make much sense. Dakota also stuck to the family-resemblance aspect of the brief, whereas other queens did more of an identical twin-thing (Cheddar and Jonbers aside). Now the remaining cast is quite disjointed - two queens running away with it and three that are flatlining. If Dakota was still in the mix that would make things so much more interesting story-wise (not to mention she’s definitely been better than Pixie, all things considered). And this is straight after Dakota didn’t get a deserved high on snatch-game! Oh the judging can be such a wind up.

4 Likes

An amazing episode but fuck, yeah, incredibly painful elimination :sob: I actually feel quite teary - Dakota is such a warm and immensely likeable person and I wanted to see how she responded to the challenge to mix things up a bit more

5 Likes

lol does Pixie know where the bodies are buried or something?

2 Likes

Very much the Ellie Diamond to Danny’s Laurence Cheney.

1 Like