Drag Race UK

Terrible challenge (late-game acting/skits ones usually are), and now it feels like the season is being stretched further than it can go. Really disappointing stuff - until about halfway this was solid.

2 Likes

felt like pixie just kinda gave up? lip sync and the thanks afterwards, did she just think it was a foregone conclusion?

Want to win

• Black Peppa
  • Cheddar Gorgeous
  • Danny Beard
  • Jonbers Blonde

0 voters

Will win

• Black Peppa
  • Cheddar Gorgeous
  • Danny Beard
  • Jonbers Blonde

0 voters

A few weeks ago I would’ve said I wanted Cheddar to win but Danny really deserves it for her second half of the series (ignoring Snatch Game). I’ve never watched the Hollywood show they make after but I’m guessing Danny is a much better fit for that, too.

But really, anyone but Jonbers

+1.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

So, how about that grand finale eh lads!?!?

Season 2 Tumbleweed GIF by BBC Three

Thought it was alright tbf but can’t tell if it was a lacklustre season or if I’m just bored with the show in general.

I always find the finals hard work - so much padding and please PLEASE stop the “What would you say to your younger self” segment, I beg of you.

Think the season’s main problem was it fizzled out once Dakota left and some really poor challenges throughout.

2 Likes

plus you could probably have called the top two after what, 3 episodes?

5 Likes

I think it’s a bit of both. The first half of the season is decent but the second is very disjointed, really not helped by the double save drawing things out.

I’ve been catching up on Canada S3 and even though it’s not amazing, I think it’s much more endearing with Brooklyn being the host. She’s fine… whereas Ru and Michelle are really tired and forced. I wish they weren’t hosting UK.

If you’re a bit bored of it I fully recommend Dragula if you haven’t tried it already. It’s far better than Drag Race has been for a long while.

1 Like

Another one for being a bit bored of it all. Feels like the queens deserve a better show really.

I really don’t like how it is happy to do some stuff that is just consistently crap over and over again. The ‘acting’ challenges are almost always absolutely terrible, just a total waste of time, snatch game is usually just massively cringe, but specially with rue’s awful suggestions, loads of it is just not good, and that’s just the way the show is set up. Would be a much better show if they just gave all the queens more time to prep with the challenges. It just all seems pretty lazy now, and perfectly happy to get stale. Don’t think there is really any excuse for it being as cheaply produced as it is.

Still no watch it tho, but more in the background than actually paying attention

With the notable exception of Danny Beard my partner and I correctly guessed the entire season’s outcome from the Meet the Queens Videos. :sweat_smile:

1 Like