Dramatic events

:joy:

4 Likes

Not dramatic but full on bizarre, someone had closed the bathroom door on one of the cats last night so they spent it in the toilet. A common drunken mistake in our house unfortunately. Only when I woke up this morn someone had put a bowl of food in the toilet for them. Can only imagine this sort of distorted logic was the product of a heavy night on the tiles but er, what?

3 Likes

:smiley: Amazing

When I was a kid a milk float crashed into a wall at the top of our driveway. Even though it was presumably at about 5mph it still smashed all the milk on the float which made a pretty excellent noise.

Then a few years later my sister crashed into another car and then a telegraph pole in the same spot.

1 Like

Our school had a milk float that the caretakers used to get around the place, it used to get shoved down the banks onto the football pitches a lot.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would quite like to drive a milk float. They always make me think of that bit in Green Wing when Dr Statham is riding on the back of a milk float calling women sluts and throwing milk bottles everywhere.

Green Wing was good but I feel like it’s probably not aged well

I think you’re right. It is still worth it for Alan Statham though, that has aged fine. The rest, not so much.

No, I don’t think so.

god i bet that stunk afterwards tho, all that milk all over

Kurt Vonnegut writes a brilliant bit about this in Timequake.

That the impulse to laugh at healthy people who nonetheless fall down is by no means universal, however, was brought to my attention unpleasantly at a performance of Swan Lake by the Royal Ballet in London, England… A ballerina, dancing on her toes, went deedly-deedly-deedly into the wings as she was supposed to do. But then there was a sound backstage as though she had put her foot in a bucket and then gone down an iron stairway with her foot still in the bucket.

I instantly laughed like hell.

I was the only person to do so.

A similar incident happened at a performance of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra when I was a kid. It didn’t involve me, though, and it wasn’t about laughter. There was this piece of music that was getting louder and louder, and that was supposed to stop all of a sudden.

There was this woman in the same row with me, maybe ten seats away. She was talking to a friend during the crescendo, and she had to get louder and louder, too. The music stopped. She shrieked, “I FRY MINE IN BUTTER!”

3 Likes