Dreamed Gigs (Rolling)

A place to post about your gigs you’ve attended in your sleep, in lieu of attending any real gigs.

Last night I randomly dreamt about attending a gig by The Moldy Peaches. It was at some big church like venue, seemingly sold out, and I just remember the whole audience singing along to Jorge Regula as if it was some recent super big hit of theirs.

There was an added bit of drama where me and a friend went out at an interval, but when we returned the guy at the door wouldn’t let us in despite showing our tickets, but eventually all was good.

Relive your exciting dreamy gigs here.

3 Likes

I dreamt last night there was a DiS karaoke and someone went to do Hold My Finger by Sikth but Freak On A Leash by Korn was played instead, ruining the whole thing

3 Likes

Great thread idea!

I posted this in the Mogwai Listening Club thread, but will repost here.

Earlier this month I had a dream I was in Berlin wtih Mr s_w and some friends, and Mogwai were playing a free gig in some outside park. They played 3 songs off of As The Love Continues but then our friends (who aren’t Mogwai friends) were complaining that it was only 3 songs so I got really annoyed that they were being ungrateful. Then I met Stuart from the band and he was lovely. Then I woke up :frowning:

3 Likes

I regularly have dreams about playing gigs, but as soon as I get on stage everything goes wrong. Either equipment malfunctions and nothing works or I realise I haven’t actually learned any songs and can’t play a note in time or in tune with the rest of the band.

I went through a lot of dreams where I was seeing bands over lockdown.
I got a full set by Mogwai and the National on different nights but the strangest was Underworld. I was dreaming that myself and my mates were out dancing and we were off our heads. My alarm went off and I went from high as a kite to sober at 8 in the morning on a Tuesday.
That was pretty jaring :open_mouth:

1 Like

I had a dream the other night that I saw Bruce Springsteen playing in the old cinema near us. Can’t really remember much about that bit bar eating Minstrels sweets during Dancing In The Dark.

After the gig all these old rock stars were leaving and trying to keep low key. Saw Barry gibb and Ronnie Wood sneak out.

Saw Ringo Starr and approached him like a very excited fan. He was very pleased thinking I wanted to talk about his music. In my dream I then proceeded to ask Ringo a multitude of questions about Thomas the Tank Engine. Ringo was fucking raging!

4 Likes

Don’t think I ever had a dream of seeing a band live but I did have a vivid dream a few years ago that I was killing zombies with Kim and Thurston from Sonic Youth and we had barricaded ourselves into my cousin’s house.

4 Likes

I have a recurring nightmare where I’m at a Pumpkins show, but then I’m instantaneously back in my apartment or on a bus and I realize I left before it ended. The next few hours of the dream are spent trying and failing to get back before it ends (too many things in my arms, keep dropping my car keys, bus keeps making stops, etc.), as I beat myself up over for inexplicably leaving. I never make it back, it’s awful.

And now I have a new recurring nightmare where I suddenly find myself in the middle of a Pumpkins show and don’t even have a mask.

Don’t think any of this will surprise anyone.

1 Like

Also once had a dream I was at a Creed show and one of their riffs set me on fire.

2 Likes

Oh boy, we’ve all had that one!

1 Like

I realized I’d set myself up the second the edit option disappeared.

2 Likes

I’ve never typed something as quickly as when I saw that opportunity!

2 Likes

Standard performer anxiety dream. Mine is cables. Always the cables.

2 Likes