Drilling

If you don’t then your fence posts won’t be sufficiently deep and your fence will blow over and your sister-in-law will badmouth you and you’ll say well if you wanted it done professionally you should have paid a professional. That’s why I’ve used one.

2 Likes

ever used a drill press?

• oh yes
  • oh no

0 voters

a MAG DRILL

• yeah baby
  • no baby

0 voters

Done loads of drilling in my time, but still approach each new hole with a mild dread

It;s a total lottery in my current place as the ancient plaster is well crumbly. I’ve had to do all sorts with matchsticks/ pollyfiller and no more nails (the irony) to make things good

Big fan of these guys too.

2 Likes

Accidentally left the chuck key in the drill press at school and the craft and design teacher shouted at me cos it flew out and hit my mate in the chest. Why are craft teachers the loudest shouters?

sawing I don’t really like. I really needed a circular saw the other day but just went at it by hand which sucked.

got a sander the other day which is really nice. £20 from screwfix and perfect for skirting boards/window sills

1 Like

I’m not allowed to drill but I’m an excellent project manager for drilling jobs

3 Likes

Had cause to use some of these babies a couple of months ago - hardcore shit

1 Like

Cool big pieces of woodworking/metalworking/generally technical equipment you could use at school:

Drill press
Band saw
Lathe

3 Likes

Sexy
Time
U
Drilling

4 Likes

would recommend these as well, perfect for steel studs

1 Like

I wonder what the stats are for this in 2k18

how do you manage dust/mess when drilling in a room that’s already decorated?

• someone else holds a hoover
  • some weird drilling bag thing you can buy
  • post-it note folded up underneath
  • just make a mess then clear it up
  • something else

0 voters

Someone else with hoover is the sensible option, but DIY’ing with my wife in the room is a 100%, nailed-on, guaranteed argument waiting to happen.

Phwoar. I do worry about what’ll happen if I ever need to remove things like this, but hey.

Loving how excited @doubleespresso is in this thread :heart:

1 Like

ngl, bloody love a drill(ing)

2 Likes

Newspaper, filler, dab of emulsion. Job’s a good un

the hoover trick is the only one that works for me - I have drilled one handed and held the hoover with the other before cos Im impatient

highest student death rate i guess

1 Like