Drinking in L.A.

An astonishing tune in many ways. Partly for the fact it was a classic one hit wonder during a formative period of most of our lives, but also because it sounds so utterly incredibly even to this day. A perfect single amalgamating numerous genres into one perfect whole.

A classic and one of the great tunes in popular music history.

Is there a human being alive that dislikes this track?

18 Likes

It was played so much I’d be fine to never hear it again.

4 Likes

Not a fan.

That whole album blew my mind at the time.

3 Likes

Love it. I even like the Twang’s cover they did for Live Lounge.

Glee is a brilliant album.

Never saw them live but Sara Johnston supported Evan Dando at Union Chapel a few years ago. Didn’t realise that she was from Bran Van 3000 until she sang Mama Don’t Smoke. Huge bonus.

1 Like

I love it and I also love Len’s Steal My Sunshine which I always think of as its spiritual cousin.

24 Likes

Ring adinging

1 Like

Throw this in to the late 90s slacker pop playlist as well

1 Like

OMC’s How Bizzare too. We were blessed with good one-hitters. Do they even happen now?

4 Likes

I reckon a big part of this song’s success was how quotable most of the lyrics were.

I want those free bran van tickets maaaaan…

2 Likes

yellow card is raised

5 Likes

Best part about that for me is that Brendan from broken social scene was in the band

4 Likes

Yes! Weird that this sub genre only has three songs.

Buh?

I am just registering how much I do not like How Bizarre.

4 Likes

Also this which I remember listening to around the same time

3 Likes

Defs completes the holy trinity of slacker pop one hit wonders that sounded like that in the late 90s though

3 Likes

Summer Girls by LFO is warming up on the sidelines should it be required.

Yeah it’s definitely part of the pack I just think we’re on the edge people coming on here and acting like You Get What You Give by the New Radicals is some kind of classic and it’s important we stamp out that sort of behaviour early on.

7 Likes