Drowned in Sound’s favourite albums of 2020 - DiScussion thread

A great list Sean. Thanks. Gia Margaret on loop this morning. It really is stunning. I’d never heard of her before.

Also, like many others it seems, I didn’t give I Break Horses a chance. Going to have a proper listen today.

Great to see Annie get some love, it’s brilliant.

1 Like

Thank you, comments like this make all the work that goes into these kindsa projects feel worthwhile.

1 Like

Oh I definitely am! ))<>((

1 Like

The Binet-Simon Test is genuinely one of my favourite albums

1 Like

One of my favourites too. Often pop tracks from it on playlists for people.

1 Like

Read your write-up earlier today and have been listening to the playlist for most of the day.

Very enjoyable!

1 Like

Have been meaning to pop back into this thread to say that I discovered the Agnes Obel record from this list and now absolutely love it. Fantastic album.

Conversely Mia Gargaret hasn’t landed for me, but I’ll give it a couple more tries. Haven’t heard the Hayley Williams one - will aim to give it a listen soon - but pretty much love the rest of the top 10, so great choices. Julianna Barwick also a big recent discovery for me.

Good to see the NIN ambient albums getting some love as well. One of the first lock-down specific releases that came out last year, but probably got a little forgotten about as a result.

1 Like