Hi guys. The fourth in a not so new and disastrous series shamelessly stolen from the Guardian, as per DrownedInSound’s Best Things of the 21st Century! .
Results so far
- Drowned In Sound’s best albums of the 21st century - RESULTS
- Drowned In Sound’s best books of the 21st century - RESULTS!
- Drowned In Sound’s best TV of the 21st century - RESULTS!
I think someone asked about games, so lets do those this week
How it works:
- You rank the best 2, 5, 10 or 20 (or whatever number it seems) Videogames of this century so far in order.
- Post them in here or DM them to me by 9am next Monday
- Please don’t abbreviate the titles.
- I’ll do some mathematical gubbins and produce the definitive DiS best Videogames of this century!
- For the purposes of these lists, the year 2000 is included in the 21st century. Yes, I know it’s not technically correct, no I don’t care that it’s making your eye twitch.
- For a game to qualify, it should have originally been released in the UK market on or after 1st January 2000.
- Remasters on new consoles don’t count as new releases - the original release date counts. This means no Ocarina of Time despite the 3DS remaster.
- Where you’re nominating something from a regular franchise, please try and pick an individual game (e.g. FIFA 18, not simply FIFA).
- I reserve the right to make utterly arbitrary decisions over whether a game qualifies or to group what you’ve listed mainly on the basis of what I think will irritate the most people.