DrownedInSound's Best Things of the 21st Century!

Hi team,

Inspired by the Guardian’s instance that we’ve reached the end of the 21st century in recent weeks, I’m looking to start a new series where we copy them, only do it better the way only we can do.

How it works:

• I’ll start a thread each week asking people to send me a ranked list of their favourite 10 or 20 things in that category since the year 2000 (music, book, film, comedian, type of tree etc).
  • You people send me those lists by PM. There can be a general discussion if you like.
  • For a top 20 list I’ll award points in descending order (20 for the top item, down to 1 for the last). For a top 10 I’ll award them in steps of 2 (20 for the top item, 18 for the second, down to 2 for the last).
  • The following week I’ll let you know what we all decided and we can argue about the hivemind’s taste.

Topics to include:

• Albums
  • Books
  • Films
  • Games
  • TV Shows
  • Other things you all think of and tell me to do.

What do you think? Vote and discuss below :slight_smile:

• This is a great idea Zeal!
  • You’re insane Zeal!
  • This will never work!
  • I’m In!
  • I’m Out!
  • What’s with all the Exclamation Marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 voters

LISTS!!!

3 Likes

If there’s one thing DiS is good at, it’s making lists and arguing about them.

5 Likes

I love participating in things like this with my online friends

8 Likes

local indian

13 Likes

Top 20 days on which the 21st century started

3 Likes

Please male a clear ruling up front on whether items from the year 2000 are included or not.

2 Likes

Also a clear ruling on whether it is the start date or the end date for a TV series that is the crucial thing (in my opinion it should be end date, I love The Sopranos but a show from 1999 cannot win best TV Show of the 21st Century IMO)

1 Like

This to both @anon5266188 and @hip_young_gunslinger

I have no strong opinions either way but just so I know upfront

Items from the year 2000 are included

The average air date of the peak series as measured by IMDB will be the crucial thing.

1 Like

This is admirably convoluted. I like it.

4 Likes

I think it can but people should be voting on the part of it from the 21st century. But as I said, no strong opinions so will go with what zeal decides

1 Like

Serious answer - will probably make a judgement for each category.

top 20 celebrity animals of the 21st century pls

2 Likes

can someone define the timeframe of the 21st century for me i’m forgetful

I’m horrendously bad at making decisions. Especially when it comes to choosing things.
I’m in!

Is it okay if my lists are shorter? Sometimes it’s easier to just pick 5 things than par down a bigger list to 10.

Yes!

For the purposes of this, the 21st Century runs from 1st January 2000 to 31st December 2099 inclusive!

What topic should we tackle first?

• Games
  • Films
  • TV Shows
  • Albums
  • Books
  • Takeaways
  • Celebrity Animals
  • Days on which the 21st century started

0 voters

Would Bad Boy Bob count as a comedian?

2 Likes