Dry Cleaning

I was supposed to see them just before Lockdown happened last year, but chickened out as everything was already kicking off with infections. Sort of gutted I missed it, but at the same time glad I didn’t risk it.

1 Like

They were supposed to support Girl Band for £13. Now Dry Cleaning have announced their own headline show, at a worse venue, for £16. Sickens me I tell ya!

1 Like

So, so, so very pleased I saw them and Sinead O’Brien in Ramsgate before the panny-d struck. Fantastic gig.

I guess EOTR won’t be sticking them in the Tipi Tent this year now!

Giving this album a good go this morning but can’t really get on board with the spoken word at all, especially over several songs in a row.

Loved the 2 EPs, so VERY excited about this today!

Glowing review in Pitchfork, I think they’re going to be getting a lot more attention now:

2 Likes

Gave the album a play just after midnight last night because I wanted to hear what the fuss was about. Ended up sitting through it 4x on repeat. Shattered this morning but, yeah, it’s really good…

4 Likes

Hurry up, postiiiieeee

Pitchfork reviews don’t have much impact nowadays (fortunately/unfortunately), but they’re definitely on the way to being bigger than they ‘should’ be for a band that sound like this. Expecting the tour will sell out well in advance and they’ll clean up (b’dum tish) at next year’s festivals. Loads of good buzz around them.

Album is ace.

Yup. Really enjoying this! No great surprises for anybody already familiar with their EPs. More of the same excellence.

Oh no I’'ve done that thing that sometimes I do of going “everyone is hyping these they are probably shit” listen to the album and go back and buy everything they have released and stopped being a dick

6 Likes

Enjoying all the references to slightly grim food.

Enjoying this. Reminding me of the rakes.

New Kexp session

1 Like

It’s an absolute beaut of an album, I kind of miss the harder edgedness of the EPs, but it’s nice to hear the slight dubby and psychy elements raised up in the production on here

And as I’ve said before, I’m a big fan of the deadpan spoken word. Feels very much like post-punk by way of Peep Show

1 Like

Also it feels like a watershed moment to hear “knackering” used within rock lyrics

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoying this from the first couple listens. Probably my favourite guitar/band based record of the year so far.

1 Like

It’s been really nice feeling really excited about British indie / rock bands again lately

2 Likes

I agree. 2-3 years ago it seemed from live shows/festivals that there were some excellent bands coming through and I’m glad to see so many of them making good of their potential.

1 Like

It’s just a really good, funny album, isn’t it? The music is largely there too. Solid 8/10. Hope to catch them live.

1 Like