Dry Cleaning

I’ve fallen hard for this album.

Her voice reminds me of Laura Marling in places.

4 Likes

quite liked the second EP but didn’t quite love it as the delivery could drift into being annoying at times (haven’t heard the first EP). album is quite a good step up though, like the vocals, like the lyrics, love the music.

1 Like

It’s going to be album of the year.

3 Likes

God yes. I’m not much of a lyric man, so the music always has to work for me, and they really deliver on that front.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. Very few bands do it for me lyrically. Barely notice them unless they’re pointed out tbh but this band do something for me.

Great rhythm section. I’d like it more without the vocals and guitar.

Despite being hammered to death by 6Music I’m still not tired of Scratchcard Lanyard.

1 Like

Really enjoying this, keep returning to it, find myself hearing new parts each time.

2 Likes

I haven’t listened to 6 Music in a while (I have on and off phases with it) so I’d managed to never hear it until yesterday

1 Like

I’m glad I haven’t heard much daytime 6music, would hate to think that overhearing one song might have pushed me away from getting the album

Eyyy this is pretty good

4 Likes

quite liking the guitar tone but the vocals are really weak compared to the EP
like the whole album sounds really lo-fi and not really angular or upbeat

Where these live performances at then?

Been listening to their EPs for ages, had no idea until today that a) they had an album out and b) it was quite popular. I’m glad though.

1 Like

On behalf of the DiS board, I would like to welcome you back from the International Space Station. :grin:

11 Likes

Haha thanks. I listened to it - nothings as good as Viking Hair unfortunately

Agree that the EPs have a few better songs (Goodnight and Magic of Meghan spring immediately to mind), but I think the album is consistently strong and has more depth musically.

I particularly missed seeing them live, because of COVID, so am anticipating how the new stuff will really ‘rock’.

Really like this. Pushing past BCNR and comfortably past Squid. The guitars and bass are fantastic, the little touches of synth really add a lot, the lyrics and delivery are great given how monotone it is. Excellent.

This is a record that ticks all the right boxes but leaves me kinda unmoved right now. It’s just not very exciting to me - half the music sounds like it would fit comfortably on a Top Gear soundbed

In spite of this I can tell it’s probably also a record that I’ll listen to again in 10 years time and go “hey, this is great, maybe the early 20s music scene wasn’t as barren as I gave it credit for!”