Drying clothes 🫧 🧦 🧺

Don’t know if maybe this should be a COLC thread, if anyone wants to change the title a bit or move it then go right ahead.

Anyway I’ve noticed cause it’s gotten chillier and I’ve not had my heating on at all, the washing I did yesterday is still wet. Which isn’t surprising but cause I’m extremely reluctant to put the heating on I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Is getting a heated clothes horse (great band name) worth the initial hit or will it cost more in power consumption in the long run?

So true hun, so true.

I know some of you love your minkys. Are minkys heated? Don’t be rude. Or do tbf, it is Thursday.

2 Likes

We bought a DrySoon heated rack waaaaay back when Offspring 1 was born (so 10 years end of this year) which is still going strong :+1:

Feel like we have got enough use out of it to justify the initial outlay many times over. They are fairly energy efficient, particularly while electric remains cheaper than gas. Pros - it also heats up the room you have it working in. Cons - it can make the room a bit humid…

2 Likes

What a reply to kickstart this THRILLING thread! Thank you :smiley:

Had a look and they’re more expensive than I was hoping for but I guess that’s the case if you want one that’ll last for years. Glad to hear they’re energy efficient though! Much to ponder

Can also vouch for these being brilliant. It usually turns the heat off at the end of the time you’ve set, but I have left it on for days without realising on several occasions which made me hyper anxious - but I didn’t have to make any ridiculous payments when bills came through so it must be pretty efficient!

I usually set it for 6 hours and it’s always fully dry afterwards except for like, bath mat.

2 Likes

Oops, I meant to include some filth in my response as you rightly pointed out it IS Thursday. Here we go…

EDIT: Wow - the blur spoiler function really works on that :thinking:

2 Likes

An obvious tip but make sure things are spread out - things like t-shirts and trousers I put over two bars so they’re not folding straight back on themselves, and avoid things hanging over other things as much as possible - it does mean that I do tend to have bits of laundry draped over the banister or open doors as I’m only using post of the clothes horse space, but it does dry much quicker.

2 Likes

We too have a DrySoon and it’s been going strong for about 7 or 8 years now. Absolutely recommend it. A dehumidfier works quite well to speed things up too but that’s another expense I guess.

1 Like

Get a decent airer and a dehumidifier. works a treat for us. Don’t think the dehumidifier cost too much to run to dry clothes, but never run the sums

1 Like

Also worth checking your washing cycles to make sure clothes are coming out as dry as possible. I’ve found the quickest cycle which I was using leaves them significantly damper than the next quickest, so the slight extra expense is probably worth it.

1 Like

Dehumidifier - you can never go back when you get one

4 Likes

High fives Tim

1 Like

DE :clap: HU :clap: MID :clap: I :clap: FYER :clap:

3 Likes

#MEACOLIFE

4 Likes

Your phone’s giving a lot of sass for something that could be easily thrown from a window.

Brian :heart:

2 Likes

DeeDee in our house.

1 Like

Could say the same about you tbf.

1 Like

The hummingfier in ours (what our daughter calls it)

1 Like

I too am on DrySoonBook, it’s a bloody godsend, and especially with the cover, it gets stuff dry really quickly. Been invaluable with kids over the last few years.