Dub

2 Likes

One of my favourite genres

Two more great albums

That’s your Sunday morning sorted out

1 Like

Got a vinyl copy of this classic the other week

I’m a big fan of the Scientist dub albums, especially Scientist Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampires, home to this banger

1 Like

Oh fuck yeah! I was watching some documentary about the Clash around the turn of the millennium and I think a few Tapper Zukie tracks were used in the background, I couldn’t believe how good it was. Totally different to any other music I was listening to

1 Like

One of the few genres I absolutely can’t stand. I actually find it painful to listen to. No idea why, I like almost everything else which comes from that kind of lineage, it’s bass heavy, it’s druggy and atmospheric. On paper it should be right up my street.

Was quite a good scene in my hometown. Similar to jungle in that I consumed it mostly through nights out and on tapes - didn’t know who a lot of the music was by until many years later. And a lot of the time it was weird versions with them shouting all over the top and playing all the weird effects. SUFC supporters club a bit of a hotspot. Wish I’d followed it a bit more closely.

20thJan1995

unnamed

2 Likes