Right, I’m up for being DM for this and got some interest in the other thread so let’s make it official.
Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition (DnD 5e)
I’d want at least four players to make a decent party.
We’ll do a one-shot or two to get everyone in the swing of it, then we can push into a full campaign if we want.
Open to anyone, beginners to seasoned pros.
This will be a fun game, not taken too seriously, but don’t come just to take the piss out of the nerds and their silly game.
I’ll walk new players through everything, you’ll just need a general idea of the type of character you want to play. You don’t need anything but access to the internet. Don’t worry if the rest of this post makes no sense. It’s nowhere near as complicated as it seems, I promise. In fact, it’s one of the easiest games in the world to play.
I’m not Matt Mercer and this will be my first go at DMing, so it will almost certainly be a bit clunky at the start.
I’m free outside working hours on either Monday, Thursday, Friday or all day Sunday.
I want to get a regular day and time agreed so we’re not arranging it each time.
If you can’t make a session, we’ll either make up a reason why you wandered off for a bit or - if you’re okay with it - I’ll take your turns for you.
Happy to run it either:
- Voice only through zoom or discord
- Zoom with shared screen so you can see maps etc.
- Zoom/Discord for chat with Roll20 characters and maps
- Character sheets either online or paper
Again, I can talk you all through these if needed.
I’d prefer it if you all roll new characters together for this, but if you have one you really want to use then fine as long as it’s level one.
I will have some house-rules:
- official races/classes only (but no monster races or bird people)
- plucky adventurers are best, so no evil or edgy characters and no ‘haunted one’ background
- make your backstory realistic, you’re level one, you are not powerful
- remember it’s a group game and don’t hog the spotlight
I love building characters so I’m happy to help as much as you need.
SO WHO WANTS SOME?
Let me know below if you’re interested.
If we get enough for a party who are all free at the same time, I’ll arrange some chats to sort your awesome characters out before the first session. If not, we can let this thread die on its arse.