Duolingo

Got back into this a few months ago, the app was always a casualty when my phone needed space but I bought a cheap tablet and decided to download it on there, was doing quite good at the ol’ French for a little while.

Stopped opening it completely about 2 months ago didnt I

Always the same

You can do a 7 day free trial of it I think.

I will never get the “First place in the Diamond League” trophy. Those motherfuckers must do nothing else for a solid week.

1 Like

don’t think it does anything except remove ads

Cannot believe @japes finally overtook @jordan_229, never thought this day would come

ooh big streak ma0sm

1 Like

Didn’t you go over 1000 recently, or did I imagine that?

1057 and counting

i am the owls prisoner

1 Like

There are ads?

Have you ever finished a lesson?

Literally only just noticed. Not exactly intrusive are they?

Yeah, true, though relatively recently some of them now force you to watch them for five whole seconds before you can close them. Where will it end?

Я вчу Українську through this. Language as sports isn’t my thing, but it’s definitely helped me learn most of what I need to know. Lost a 163 day streak whilst actually in Ukraine trying to put it into practice, haven’t really gotten close since.

Not keen on this latest update.

Don’t care about the gems thing (though seems a bit pointless) but the ads at the end of lessons are getting a lot longer now.

I got the gems thing a little while ago and it’s shite. although it seems that I don’t have it on the Web version so might just start using that more in future.

hit a year long streak the other day, still suck at German but whatever, it’s fun.

oh, and

I was once in the lead on a Sunday but then one guy literally just pulled like 10k XP out of his arse and won. it’s infuriating.

still haven’t even won any level of league though so I was going to get myself relegated a bit to then smash a lower level, but I got accidentally promoted the other day without even aiming for it :man_facepalming:

El hombre principal @japes en la cima de mi lista de amigos.

2 Likes

yeah it’s annoying

they took away the little dumbbell icon that gave you random lessons that you hadn’t had for a while. i’ve finished the tree and everything is gold so feels a bit pointless just picking lessons at random now.

makes me think i should just sack it off

1 Like

for me at least, if I tap on the hearts at the top there’s an option to get an extra heart by practicing which seems to be the same as the dumbbell practice used to be to me. so could use that instead maybe.

2 Likes

aha!

thank you

1 Like

Wish there was a daily/ weekly friend’s leaderboard, think that’d motivate me more