E-scooters

We’re getting 200 of them as a trial from Thursday, with the aim of having 10,000 (!) of the bastards eventually.

Could be absolute chaos, although I give it two weeks before they’re all in the cut.

1 Like

Imagine cities without cars and other motor vehicles but instead the roads were filled with e-scooters. think that would be pretty cool

7 Likes

Quite a few of the kids round here have them. They’re an absolute pest. Better than the scrambler bikes, though, I suppose.

3 Likes

It would, but given that cars and lorries aren’t going away any time soon, it’ll just be idiots riding them too fast on pavements and scaring pensioners.

5 Likes

I don’t understand where they’re all getting them from. Kids are always blasting around on them down our road, saw one lad nearly run into one of his mates outside the One Stop.

Too right they’re better than the scrambler bikes. I remember living in Cathays when loads of young lads seemed to have scramblers and just pricked around on the longer terraces at night. Hard enough to sleep in that part of town anyway!

1 Like

Don’t you need a license and shit now? Some Uber driver was boring me about it all the other day. insurance reasons or summat

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t imagine they’re cheap, and where I live isn’t a particularly affluent part of the city :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Really hate how the shrug emoji appears on here

Can’t lie, absolutely hate them, people (used to) consistently use them on busy footpaths, nearly running people down, going the wrong way up one way streets. Should be licensed like cars or just banned

5 Likes

I borrowed one once and managed about 50cm before I freaked out and jumped off, bikes or walking are better

They’re so fun and pretty fast.

3 Likes

Thought you’d have to be a right prat to have one but then I had a go on one and now I want one.

1 Like

Don’t understand the amount of people who seem to think it’s safe to use these without helmets on roads. Recipe for disaster in my opinion

1 Like

I’m sorry but seeing an adult on one of these strips them of all dignity

8 Likes

Someone knocked into my hand on one this morning as they were riding it on the pavement. They obviously thought there was enough room between the 2 pedestrians they mowed past.
If I wasn’t so hard, it may have hurt.
Before I could hurl abuse at them, they had scooted off. The perfect crime.
Probably going to be worse than bike wankers aren’t they?

1 Like
3 Likes

Weird how they don’t have bells or the like either way. I’d just like to say again how much I hate these things

It’s going well, then

Seen a few things on Twitter from businesses, etc complaining about them being dumped all over the place too.

They are already totally rampant around here on the mean streets of south London, even though I thought they were pretty much illegal to use either on roads or pavements.

2 Likes

Aside from a very few controlled particular circumstances, this is basically it.

1 Like