E3 thread

not sure watching the RE2 and TLOU2 and Death Stranding trailers straight after getting up was a great idea, feel really tense :confused: they look good though

had a dream that they announced an open world* Thomas the Tank Engine game where you created your own train and went round doing missions for the Fat Controller and doing side quests with the other trains, had proper narration and everything. was really nice. would probably need a battle royale mode to actually get made nowadays though.

*well, as open world as trains on an island can be

10 Likes

It’ll never work unless you throw in a twist where the Fat Controller is revealed to be an evil genius and all the engines must band together to end his reign of terror. I mean if it’s not set in a grim dystopia is it even a videogame?

2 Likes

Check out @RaygunBrown’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RaygunBrown/status/1006312305938743296?s=09

2 Likes

I could only play the the last of us in hour and a half/2 hour sittings per day. It’s the best game I’ve ever played, that video for the sequel looks incredible.

5 Likes

i got up at half 5 to watch the conference and then go to work to amend a fuck up

Resident Evil 2 looks perfect. Last of us 2 looks like everything i expected (not a bad thing), and Death Stranding I am on board for 100%

Personally my favourite game

Cinematic storyline and visuals- great gameplay as well, lots of stealt as well as all out rage

Very suspenseful, and yes stressful!

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll no doubt say it again, but it’s top 5 of all time for me. Astounding.

1 Like

where do people get the time to play games for longer than this??

1 Like

Last Of Us 2 and Death Stranding look great. Hope they’re out soon.

Guess I used to put hours in before kids and the promotion. These days… Yeah, it’s why I love the Switch so much. A 40 hour game takes me over a month to beat on a traditional home console.

1 Like

got no kids. not really into tv. if my girlfriend is at work i can easily sink a few hours between 7 and 11 in.

she plays games too, so i don’t really face any grief either

I’d always take a game over a film or TV. Always.

i love film. watch them a lot too. but games are my <3

last of us looks fucking great. really like how she was squeezing through little gaps and under cars etc seamlessly, looks like sneaking around is going to be a lot of fun

3 Likes

Arkham Asylum: Spiderman mod is now official then? :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Yakuza coming to PC is a nice surprise. Those games look nuts.

Also: the most unexpected news of the conference has to be From Software making their VR debut with a story about a young girl and a lovely cat. Word is the cat doesn’t have a curiously sinister laugh or even sell you magic jewelry. Baffling.

1 Like

best current Japanese series on Playstation I’d argue. Just consistently fantastic. Wonderful crime drama (or rather, crime soap opera) mixed with absurdist Japanese humour.

1 Like

FROM are doing a bit of a PlatinumGames from 5 years back and expanding loads, huh? Hope they’re not spreading themselves too thin and the quality drops.