E3 thread

The Wii Smash had a nice single player mode. The Wii U one didn’t and I thought had a poor art style too

II’m not annoyed solely from this under par showing, I’ve been generally underwhelmed by the entire years showing so far. I’m just not excited about a lot. Yes there will be lots of good indie titles but you need the big stuff in between. I’m so so about tennis, so so about smash, never been into Mario party or pokemon

Am I invested in the wrong platform? Not really, previous generations suited me fine, switches first year was good, this year doesn’t interest me much unfortunately.

Yes there are good games on other platforms and after Microsoft conference I might finally go for an Xbox, but I was hoping I could satisfy myself II’m not annoyed solely from this under par showing, I’ve been generally underwhelmed by the entire years showing so far. I’m just not excited about a lot. Yes there will be lots of good indie titles but you need the big stuff in between. I’m so so about tennis, so so about smash, never been into Mario party or pokemon

Am I invested in the wrong platform? Not really, previous generations suited me fine, switches first year was good, this year doesn’t interest me much unfortunately.

Yes there are good games on other platforms and after Microsoft conference I might finally go for an Xbox, but I was hoping I could satisfy myself without the expense of another console without the expense of another console.

Ah good, thought there’d be more buzz tbh.

Fire Emblem is a key franchise for me, tbh. One of the most rewarding/challenging Nintendo IPs.

Looked pretty solid. It’ll maybe get its own direct or at least featured more in Tree House.

Is it actually any good as a series? A 3DS demo really put me off a few years back; pages and pages of characters taking rubbish and very little gameplay until I got bored of it.

If your into srpgs it’s up there. Gone a bit a anime melodrama lately though.

Spanish RPGs? @profk?

Apart from Zelda and MGSV I’d say nearly all of the best and most memorable games I’ve played in the last decade have been smaller/indie titles.

You could still get a tonne of fun and interesting gaming time and value from the switch I reckon

Sucks to be all you guys looking for new stuff. Here I am still switch-less until September, so by the time I’m done with Zelda, Mario, DK Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Octopath, Mario Tennis etc…then it’ll be time for Metroid, the proper new Pokémon and probably other stuff.

Suckers

Strategic.

Also personally much prefer nice crisp 2d visuals on that switch screen than playing stuff like odyssey or DK where it gets a bit blurry

I’m not quite in that boat unfortunately.

Apologies for the messed up post above, my phones touch screen went mental

That’s my beef too. Since Christmas, it’s been a string of Wii U ports I own. I had the weekend weirdness of Labo to enjoy but that aside, and due to Dark Souls delay, all I’ve played are indies I largely bought on sale last year. With no PS4 or Xbox to fill the gap, it just feels like I need something chunky to get lost in.

It’s amazing

Had lots of fun with my labo. Multilayer centric games aren’t much good for me being a dad who plays on his own mostly these days.

Tales of Vesperia is a great JRPG coming to switch. My pal calls the tales series basically RPG comfort food.

Yup, gonna have to start liking RPGs a whole lot more I think. There’s stacks of the fuckers coming.

There are things coming I reckon I’ll like. Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein II, Fortnite, Dark Souls ONE FUCKING DAY, Mario Tennis… But they’re either a bit slight looking or already been out elsewhere for ages. The most exciting Nintendo game I saw this E3 was being made by Ubisoft…

You can always get duckys favourite game Celeste?

Or yoku’s island express that looks lovely