Ear gunk

my mate had the horrorshits once, ended up shitting blood. gp told him his liver was fubar and to maybe stop drinking 8 pints of guinness a night :scream:

Probably shouldn’t have used chilli infused

2 Likes

Is it the chilli still in there?

Is that because the bike bell goes ting?

I tend to get a blockage in my right ear twice a year (very narrow ear canals, apparently) - once in winter, which isn’t a problem, then again in summer, annoyingly usually in the days leading up to going to Green Man. Last two years have seen me enjoying the Friday line-up in glorious mono (a blessing in disguise, considering some of the bands).

Total relief when the levee finally breaks after a few days of olive oil, though. Gave my ear a wee scratch on the Friday night after getting back to the campsite last year and masses of black wax lodged itself on to my fingertip, completely cleared it in two attempts - could have heard a pin sneeze from 10 miles away after that.

Enjoy your lunch, everyone.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this should be soundtracked by the KLF doing Justifed and Ancient with Tammy Wynette. Think about it, it’s be brilliant.

1 Like

@still_he_persisted
I thought you shouldn’t use cotton buds because they push wax in? Dunno

I opened the thread expecting grimness and it’s overdelivered.

1 Like

Yeah, anything in your ear can compact the wax, but those cotton buds can infect your ears on top.

Apparently you should clean your ears tilting your head to the floor, spraying the shower head in your ear, then using a finger inside of a towel to clean it. One of those things no one ever teaches you

1 Like

Getting them degunked today.

Gonna miss the otex fizzin in my ear.

1 Like

Come again

2 Likes

They’re not that good

4 Likes

Update: the bad one (right) is completely degunked. The one that i didnt have much of a problem with they said there was still some in the thar couldnt be dislodged, so need to take drops in that ear and go back for a further degunking next week.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

LOVE this kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Same. Started watching plaque removal videos a while ago whilst diving down a particularly deep YouTube rabbit hole. Worth a look.

People often say “Hey, no such thing as a guilty pleasure! You’re just into what you’re into!”. This shit is a proper guilty pleasure.

5 Likes

Made my evening this has.

2 Likes

I watched plaque removal videos a while ago too then bought the scaling tools and rather stupidly had a go myself. Managed to not do myself any damage and it was very satisfying.

Moral to this story?

I’m buying those ear gougers ^

1 Like