0 voters

fucking nice one, poll twat

• 9 September
  • 16 September
  • 23 September
  • 30 September

0 voters

2 Likes

Don’t even know where Peterborough is. I assume I can cycle there?

Is this the boat quite near the football ground?

If so, I had a wonderful few hours there back in about 2006 / 2007 / 2008-ish before watching Posh smash someone 3-0. Can’t remember who they beat, just remember Micah Hyde absolutely running the show.

yep - that’s the fella

your story doesn’t ring true: I’m afraid Peterborough United have never won a football match.

About 100 miles north of London. So no biggie for you

yeah, fine. see you there!

2 Likes

(micah hyde was quality on his day)

1 Like

I’ve been on that moored boat before a Peterborough v Palace game around 7 years ago. It’s a great little place. There’s s really nice real ale pub just around the corner too.

It is.

Palmerston arms?

The first place we went into that day was, I think, called The Beaver. We made the mistake of heading in there on St George’s Day. They were playing unmistakably jingoistic 70s punk at ear-splitting levels, showing Germany 1-5 England on a video and the place was completely bedecked in Cross of St George flags, bunting and tattoos.

Never necked a pint so fast in my life… then found the boat.

Beehive maybe? The one in a carpark next to the ring road on the way to London Road?

Legend.

Have fond memories nipping to Vicarage Road to see that late 90s Watford team with that spine of Page - Hyde - Noel-Williams in their promotion season. Only lasted a season or so before Gifton’s knee injury but that was something special alright.

Charters?

1 Like

yep. You should come!

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like it…

they’ve done it up (a bit) now, but it used to be pretty, pretty grim.

Yeah, I went to a few games that season too. A side better than the sum of their individual parts - a pretty frightening prospect going forward when they got things right. Hyde, though, was an absolute gem of a player on the ball.

Yeah had Ronnie Rosenthal and Jason Lee in that team as well. Their keeper was good too but can’t remember his name.