Love those vintage recipe mugs and bowls :blush:

3 Likes

SSPPOAM

14 Likes

Woof

1 Like

Ribeye>sirlion>tbone>fillet>rump

1 Like

i often call steaks ‘shteaksh’ in the cutesey cringe voice I talk to bones in. biscuits - ‘bishcuitsh’

• 4 month ban
  • aww

0 voters

1 Like

11 Likes

I do this with schnacks but more crap nyc old man than cutesy

2 Likes

Celeriac sloppy joes:

I subbed out the mushrooms for cauliflower and cannellini beans; didn’t have burger rolls in the freezer so used pitta.

It’s a bit under seasoned if I’m honest but I would make it again.

The round things are mashed potato and other veg rolled in breadcrumbs and air fried. They have steak seasoning on them.

Adapted from here: Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for celeriac sloppy joes | Sandwiches | The Guardian

6 Likes

Just tucking into leftovers from yesterday

Praise the Lord :pray:t3:

6 Likes

Here We Go Again GIF

13 Likes

Gnome wanted to make Poppy O’Toole’s Parmentier potatoes with roasted garlic, so we had them with all the trimmings. So garlicky and rich. Flavour town.

9 Likes

Got some friends from the UK in town today so about to thrown this down on the BBQ.

Also this weekend I perfected the art of Korean spicy chicken using gouchang paste, and panko breadcrumbs/deep fat fryer for the chicken. Basically this is the only meal I want to eat from now on.

Managed to fit in a bit of lamb for Easter weekend as well, not photoed.

12 Likes

Some bog standard frozen veggie burgers + sweet potato chips

Burgers were alright tbf - kind of like a bland samosa, innit?

Gonna have half a easter egg for pudding

8 Likes

No proper dinner. Made a guac and nextdoor dropped some pakoras round so we’ll eat those with scream 2

6 Likes

Made a selection of stuff we got from a farm shop

9 Likes

Bought a fancy new barbecue so used it twice this weekend, one as a practise and then one for when the folks came round for dinner. Didn’t get any pics of the proper big dinner but both it and the practise run went well:

Chicken thighs (smoked for an hour, in a spicy rub), spuds, long peppers and red onions. Great stuff.

11 Likes

got a tip for big coal bbqs - pile most of the coal to one side of the grill, so that you have areas with different temps. you can then have a searing ‘section’, a medium section and one for your slow cookers like the peppers.

2 Likes
  • already knew this
  • hmm interesting. I will try this at my next event
  • I don’t really care/don’t ever bbq stuff

0 voters

Chicken, bacon and mushroom risotto

6 Likes