Eating stuff straight out of the tin/box/pack thread

No one is actually eating butter on its own, right? Because if you are I may never stop vomming.

2 Likes

Salt

• Give it
  • No way

0 voters

Yes

1 Like

itā€™s disgusting from the bottle but i keep trying it

I used to buy them and eat them uncooked on the way from college to my mateā€™s house. Sometimes also the rib version. Mm.

fucking hell, theyā€™re grim enough warmed up! (i mean they objectively taste nice of course, iā€™m not so indie as to pretend they donā€™t, but they still feel very wrong)

yeah when I cook I operate on a ā€˜one for you, one for meā€™ relationship between my pan and my mouth (re butter)

1 Like

No, they are almost hilariously dry. Can of full-fat cola sorts that out right nice

Tinned sweetcorn has only ever been eaten straight from the tin. So good.

4 Likes

I would never just eat butterā€¦these days. When I was a kid we only ever had shit margarine but my nan had ā€œbest butterā€ and I couldnā€™t get enough of it. I remember after staying over for the weekend sneaking into the kitchen when my mum came to pick me up, tearing a tiny bit of foil and wrapping it around my finger whilst I used the finger to scoop a load of butter then wrapped the foil package in on itself. I remember sitting in the back of the car and opening it a bit and licking it whenever my mum wasnā€™t paying attention

Deviant stuff that.

5 Likes

In the event of nuclear war I will live off tinned sweetcorn and tinned rice pudding. So much comfort.

Excellent choices. FYI I just bought more mandarin segments.

1 Like

Oh my god also those

youā€™ve posted pics of your absolutely huge towers of tins before right?

love the idea of you buying 500 tines of sweetcorn just to be sure

Yep

However that phase of my life is over

:smiley: this is amazing

Similarly Iā€™ve started to work my way through and deplete my ā€œwar cupboardā€ as my mum calls it. Trying to break the habit of stockpiling tinned goods but man, I love to stockpile. Tinned tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk are at a manageable 6 tins each but have a year end target of two each.

Tins Anonymous.

3 Likes
1 Like

Tin of kidney beans, tin of chopped tommies, packet of microwave rice, bit of seasoning. About Ā£1.50. Perfect massive bowl of stodge. Could be made cheaper by cooking dried rice, but obviously only deeply boring sociopaths do that.

in the past iā€™d have been against these but then at some point i found out quite how great these are