Ebay Etiquette (WWYD)

if you’re that arsed then email ebay customer services and get an ebay human to deal with it

what second hand clothing site

why would you not mark them? they won the thing then didn’t pay for it. that’s what it’s for.

fuck em.

5 Likes

Was tempted to do that but it seems like additional hassle for nothing especially if they just say “nah we can’t do that”.

It’s more the timing, if they’d messaged me before I’d lodged the unpaid case, I would have happily cancelled the order I don’t care that much about selling the console I just don’t particularly want to get charged for it if I wasn’t able to sell it.

united wardrobe

the timing wasn’t a coincidence, you waited a few days! they wouldn’t have done anything otherwise.

fuck em.

3 Likes

my mum had something extremely vaguely like this on airbnb recently. someone rented her place and was a total arse throughout and left the place in a disgusting condition (actual puddle of piss on the bathroom floor eg) but texted her to thank her for her hospitality afterwards. she was (is) new to airbnb hosting and agonised over whether to leave a fully honest review (ie “this guy is disgusting and a pain in the arse DO NOT host him” but decided to give him 2/3 stars and say something vague about house rules. A day later he left her a really bad review.

NEVER BE NICE TO STRANGERS

1 Like

Yeah this is probably right, I thought they might have just not seen the invoice when in actual fact it’s probably more of a case of

eBay took away the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers to basically eliminate this problem; not sure which setup is best really. the real scoop: people are shit regardless of the scenario

Mate, United Wardrobe’s an absolute swizz. It’s people with upside-down heads doing charity shop runs and selling their hauls online for a 500% mark-up.

yeah some pretty ridiculously overpriced tat on there
same with most ‘vintage’ clothes shops, people buying old reebok jumpers for like 30 quid

I love the utopian idea that eBay has humans in customer services.

1 Like

Interesting twist in the tale:

The buyer paid for the item but then said they did it accidentally and asked for a refund. Interestingly this seems to have close my unpaid item case which means I’ll no longer be able to claim back the fees. I refunded them the money for the item anyway but I’ll probably have to lodge a case with ebay this point since it doesn’t appear that I’m able to cancel the transaction since it’s still registered as paid

Can’t help but wonder if this was deliberate and if so, got to give them props at this point since they’ve essentially managed to not pay for the item and extricate themselves of any consequences.

Did you process the refund properly through PayPal? In this case, in an hour or so the transaction will show up as ‘refunded’ rather than ‘paid’, all fees will be cancelled, and the refund will include the cut that PayPal takes.

Yep I went into the transaction and refunded it and it shows up as refunded, it actually looks as though it refunds paypals fees as well.

The UIC is still listed as closed though, which is technically correct as they did pay for it which would close the case, they just asked for a refund afterwards.

Edit: Looks like a couple of people have done this for exactly this reason Solved: How to cancel a transaction after Unpaid Item Case... - The eBay Community

Another update spoke to Ebay who were actually super friendly, and the rep basically knew what was going on straight away. They just wanted me to confirm that they buyer had received the refund before they could look into refunding final value fees.

Trying to sell the same switch again, two days person hasn’t paid and no communication :expressionless: If it doesn’t sell this time I might just keep it and look for some decent games or something.

If it does happen again I might well be interested…pm me :grinning:

Will do! Looks like the chap has pretty decent feedback so I’ll probably wait until tomorrow before filing an unpaid item case.