EBM / Industrial Techno / whatever

Yeah, this masculinity stuff can be complicated. Though the rules are simple for him. If he likes it, then it’s macho. If not, it’s effete.

Love it. Especially the borderline cheesy stuff (Cubanate, baby — Cubanate!).

Never really managed to track down anything recent and decent. Some stuff that has hints of EBM/Darkwave — some bits of The KVB, maybe Factory Floor, or The Soft Moon (cold wave?) — but nothing like F242 or FLA.

Enjoying this Schwefelgelb album from the bandcamp playlist, though. Thanks! Looking forward to making my way through the whole list.

1 Like

it’s good!

Always loved Snog.

1 Like

DAF are amazing

Went on a bit of an industrial music binge yesterday off the back of this

Turns out this year’s Ministry album is pretty good. Railing against Trump and also the socio-political climate that allowed him to rise in the first place. Kinda love that Ministry sound like they do but are basically lefties.

Conversely, the latest Front Line Assembly album is real generic EBM veering into EDM…

Any hot picks for 2018 in this vein?

1 Like

Love Ministry but been a bit scared to listen to the new stuff. Will check it out!

1 Like

It’s quite restrained by their standards (I mean, still intensely aggressive by normal standards but it’s all relative!). Some banging riffs, and beats are less blast-beat oriented than some releases.

Havent heard them since the last sucker (which was good!). Had no idea they were still churning them out tbh

1 Like

Been enjoying Nomadic War Machine, kind of Industrial Techno.

And Ruinizer, who are supporting Cubanate this weekend. Huge stompy, aggressive industrial stuff.

Totally agree with you about the new FLA album. Dodgy EDM for most of it :confused:

1 Like

Sweet - will check these out

1 Like

Always liked Matthew Dear’s EBM-esque stuff, particularly this:

1 Like

Maybe start with the first Nomadic album…

1 Like

As for new stuff. You heard Container?

I’m also digging Azure Deux by Muslimgauze at the moment. It’s not new, but I hadn’t noticed it on Spotify before until the other day:

I have not, but I’m adding it to my growing to do list.

Basically not really listened to any industrial this year apart from my occasional Skinny Puppy moments. Just feeling the vibe again now Leeds has returned to being all grey and damp.

Fair enough… my suggestions are only vaguely industrial tbh. Influenced by it, and noise and techno etc.

1 Like

Cool RA feature on the subject

Stupid me, just saw it was already posted. Here’s a cool weird tune on this vibe.

1 Like

On a Muslimgauze trip (again) at the moment. Coming across lots of cool stuff, like:

and this brilliant new tape:

If you’ve not heard the Muslimgauze Ryoji Ikeda stuff it’s all on YouTube now: