"Echo Chambers" (Thursday evening)

Have you noticed how people use this and ‘bubble’ to mean not giving credence and time to views you don’t agree with when in fact it’s meant to refer to not even believing such views exist in any significant way?

Anyway, this can be the Thursday evening who gives a shit thread if you like?

I’ve noticed ‘echo chamber’ is generally used by people who are talking shit and don’t want people to build solidarity and effective political movements

also the sort of people who wouldn’t actually take the time and effort needed to understand and challenge other peoples’ terrible views

An evening thread? This early? FFS Theo!

Mate it was only moker you can’t take it to heart.

off to tennis in a bit.

Getting upset that I’m still not thin and that I’m getting old.

Goddamn it!

didn’t it first pop up as a term to ‘explain’ why so many people thought the remain vote was nailed on?

yeah i thought it was about how social media algorithms show us views we agree with, leading us to think that they’re the views of the average person not just the average person we’re connected to on facebook

Rolling this topic into an evening thread is a bold move

this has done me (probably one for sysadmin/tech geeks only)

I’m in stitches.

i laughed.

at home already :sunglasses: gonna watch some northern exposure and have a chilled evening. gonna eat some kinda tofu and aubergine thing in a bit. aw yiss.

a pal’s just bought a swanky new pad so gonna have a quick beer at his then home to thump fuck out of my punchbag

Amusingly the model number the network admin guy has given actually corresponds to a switch, can’t help but think he’s just trolling.

i would not be surprised if it’s been subverted

tyler the creator’s new album is pretty interesting.

D:

Classic John!

Bargain!