Eddie Van Halen RIP

love the intro to this (video hasn’t aged well)

A maestro. May he RIP

RIP to the GOAT shredder.

first 6 albums are classic and I love plenty of the rest of the catalog.

my fav vh song

This is fucking shit news. Debut is a classic and really a peerless talent. RIP big man x

Very sad. Like others have said I bloody love their debut album and other selected songs too.

welcome!

Dreadful news. Van Halen blew my tiny ten year old mind. There was a real joy to the playing that you didn’t get with most the other po faced metal gurners. Big fan of that “OH SHIT!” face Eddie would pull when he looked down and saw what his hands were doing.

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to put something like that.

One of my earliest memories of them was being how surprised they seemed to just be happy playing. In the Jump video, Eddie’s just grinning throughout

2 Likes

Radio played their cover if You Really Got Me this morning. I had forgotten how amazing that is.

https://twitter.com/SusanElizabeth/status/1313597668229144576

3 Likes

sad news , didn’t know he was ill.

Not normally the sort of music I go for but there’s no denying Eddie’s jaw dropping ability and that first album is just absolutely thrilling. just belting pop songs.

this live bootleg from Hammersmith odeon '78 (the entire first album basically) is incredible…

I spent a lot of time playing this when I was learning to play (it’s much easier than the Kinks version😀)

Might see if I can still play Eruption I can’t, I barely could then

That first album has that same tight af band in a room playing together vibe as the first RATM album. RIP Eddie

2 Likes

Gene was on BBC this morning and mentioned this
:fire:

2 Likes