Edinburgh Fringe 2019

Its nearly here again - just finalising my travel now. Going on the first weekend. Any tips?

Go to Glasgow instead.

1 Like

Let it grow out a bit

3 Likes

Haven’t looked at the programme yet but Foxdog are back, their shows are usually a lot of fun

Thinking of trying to organise a meet on the second weekend (Saturday 9th), anyone potentially in?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
  • FREE 5* COMEDY

0 voters

I am coming through to watch my pal do some feminist comedy/dance hybrid show - was going to see about organising a meat but hadn’t decided on a date

2 Likes

I would go and see Jamie Loftus because she is funny

First year not living there in a while. Might come through for a day to see David O’Doherty and one or two other things.

Wish it wasn’t so fucking expensive, I loved it when I went. Train + overpriced hotels + £30ish per day on tickets + booze + food really adds up for a weekend.

1 Like

Did you say this does or doesn’t involve audience participation?

Doesn’t but I can put in a special word for you

2 Likes

Just skip it and read the Best jokes of the Fringe thread here at community.drownedinsound.com

Yeah went a couple of times when I had free accommodation. Haven’t been back since, despite having absolutely #lovedmytime

1 Like

You mean:

Dad jokes 🙄 ?

2 Likes

Right. Since the British comedy circuit is mainly 50 year old balding, straight white men, dad jokes and the fringe are one and the same

1 Like

We’re planning on going from 1st - 4th with a bunch of pals and the baby who will be 8 weeks old. Not expecting to see much due to said baby.

Ftfy

2 Likes

Thought @Witches was edinburgh?

1 Like

You are no longer my favourite Leeds-based disser whose username starts with A

1 Like

With a what???

1 Like

Just working on my fringe material

1 Like