Eggs (an egg thread)

just had some scrambled eggs with cheese in (also some sausage rolls)
prone to having some fried eggs on toast when in a hurry
I should really learn to poach eggs, really love em

• Fridge
  • Cupboard/Larder
  • Kitchen worktop

0 voters

Fried[poll type=number min=1 max=10 step=1 public=true]
[/poll]

Boiled[poll type=number min=1 max=10 step=1 public=true]
[/poll]

Scrambled

0 voters

Poached

0 voters

I don’t really eat them and it’s annoying having to lift them up to clean surfaces so two boxes have somehow ended up on top of the microwave
What a life

Boiled eggs and soldiers are amazing, you plums

EDIT: this was at the voters, not specifically at @Aggpass

It’s the worst of the four main egg types though innit. Rated against all other foods it would score well, but relative to other egg types it’s just not up to par

Never understood why supermarkets stock them on the shelves, but then tell me to put them in the fridge when I get home. If they’re not using electricity on egg storage then I’m sure as hell not going to

they go off pretty much bang on their use by in a cupboard, can normally keep for another 4/5 days in the fridge

I rated them all equally. All have their place at the table, literally and figuratively.

So why don’t the supermarkets keep them in a fridge?

Also, I’ll bet there’s definitely a scientific reason why it’s better to poach a room temperature egg than a fridge cold egg.

I have been known to take eggs out of the fridge the night before I intend to poach them

I think it’s the element of the unknown that can put people off the boiled egg. You’re not quite sure how it’s gonna work out until it’s too late. That said, a good soft boiled egg, buttered soldiers, a bit of salt… ooooft!

I’ve got a foolproof method though. Boil the water first, and then put the eggs into the boiling water for five minutes (fine for two eggs). Five minutes is also just enough time to get four slices of bread through the toaster.

(The above serves two, by the way. I’m not Mr Strong)

I like eggs

required medium size eggs for a proper breakfast for one (when served only with toast)

0 voters

Just had an egg mayo sandwich for dinner (homemade obv not shop bought), if you take the eggs off the heat when they’re half done and still a bit soft in the middle they’re amazing.

My favourite lunch when I was a student was a fried egg between two potato waffles (they’re waffley versatile).

Fucking love eggs

What sort of loon buys medium eggs? 2 large ones.