Eggs

The answer to every food question frankly

3 Likes

Working on the assumption that none of us are complete morons and that, as such, we all agree that the yolk is the only worthwhile part of an egg:

• Iā€™ll choose a form of egg in which the yolk is combined with the rest of the egg to bring up the overall value
  • Iā€™ll keep my yolk separate and eat it like a wild hedonist but will be left with a boring, shit, white bunch of trash (rubbish) to eat for some reason

0 voters

Olive oil? You fancy prince. Just veg oil for this egg

1 Like

What?

Which bit?

1 Like

@AQOS is there a Worst PoTW thread?

2 Likes

The poll options are v confusing imho

Itā€™s basically a poll about whether or not you prefer to beat your eggs before cooking them or whether you chose to eat a form of egg in which the yolk and the white remain in their original, separate forms.

1 Like

the thought of eating an egg knocks me sick

how about the thought of an egg eating you?

6 Likes

Poached egg on an oatcake if youā€™re out of bread

• Reasonable
  • Odd
  • WTactualH

0 voters

Really, really funny when a seemingly innocuous thread provides a platform for someone to make an utter, utter tit of themselves.

7 Likes

Best thing about this community

1 Like

Big Time Yay

1 Like

I really like the whites when itā€™s been fried and has gone all crispy around the edge. Mmm buttery crispy deliciousness :hugs:
Also, egg whites make meringues, pavalovas and mousses! Gotta give the egg whites some respect, my friend.

10 Likes

Shouldnā€™t really fry anything in olive oil on account of its low smoking point and the potential carcinogenic properties therein.

That said I always have fried eggs on a Saturday and will cook them until golden in plenty of extra virgin olive oil.

3 Likes

You can also use them to make macaroons!

1 Like

Boiled eggs (1 soft boiled, 1 hard) mashed in a cup with butter, salt and pepper then dumped on some buttery toast - perfect way to eat eggs.

5 Likes

Got to be honest, the way this poll is going in results terms is making me think I may have miscommunicated itā€™s intent in some way

Fried egg, bung a nob of butter in just before itā€™s done. Pinch of salt straight onto the yolk, loads of pepper, loads of hot sauce. Yes please

Scrambled egg, no milk!, parsley or chives and cheese, butter. Yes please

Boiled egg, runny yolk, seedy buttered bread. Yes please

Poached egg, someone else can do it for me cause I donā€™t like cleaning the pan detritus up. Yes please

1 Like