Elden Ring

I tried various meteor strike type spells with no success but it could have been me. Generally speaking the slow moving bosses were a piece of cake with my caster and the nippy ones were impossible.

1 Like

progress? I am getting into a better rhythm and can survive certain attacks with my loadout meaning I don’t have to be 100% perfect. Waterfowl dance still has my number though.

2 Likes

2nd phase babeeeeeeeeeeee

2 Likes

Really loved the cut scene into that phase. It did pall by the 467th time though

2 Likes

I got sick of hearing her kill phrase so much I turned off the voice sound function. Then I strangely missed it and turned it back on

2 Likes

3x 2nd phases in about 2.5 hours. Utter pish

1 Like

She’s tough. Real tough.

I ended up summoning after about a fortnight and lucked out when Let me solo her appeared. Loved watching them slay her.

Must have been a worthy imitator! I’ve been using their setup though (minus the jar helm) as it does bleed, fire and frost damage. The moves that guy pulls during waterfowl dance are just impossible

1 Like

this one hurt

2 Likes

Have to try and remember the good times. Really like this area and my sack is absolutely bulging with slabs now but I’ve been fighting Maliketh for days now and barely last long enough to get any idea of his moves.

2 Likes

Had a week off for holiday and now feel like I’m piloting a sack of potatoes. Amazing how quickly the finessing in a fight leaves you damn it

2 Likes

He was a real roadblock for me too. Took me ages to figure that one out and I eventually found a combo of gear and oils that helped hugely

1 Like

Think I’m down to the last 2 bosses now. Had my first concerted effort at Malenia, seems ok apart from that God damn waterfowl dance which gets me without fail every time. Any tips for dodging? Really want to do this without summons, I’ve managed every other boss solo.

The timing is very tight but the waterfowl dance starts with her jumping up, so back away for the first flurry attack, and then as she leaps toward you, I found it worked to roll towards her so she goes overhead and completely misses her second flurry, and then to roll backwards away from the final attack.

Good luck!

2 Likes

It’s also worth noting that she does that attack when she is around half health if you are aggressive in the fight so I found getting to that point then hanging back and baiting it out so you have a bit if distance really helped. After that you can get back in close and go back at her again.

1 Like

YAAASSS! I knew spending an hour when I should be working would pay off.

8 Likes

Nice work! I really love that fight as it seems impossible when you first start it but gradually you can see where the openings are and it really encourages you to be agressive.

2 Likes

It’s the way it’s split into two that makes it so hard. Sure, there are similarities but I got to a point of sailing through the first phase almost without getting hit then immediately getting two-shotted to death without any time to work out what the absurd new mechanic that was killing me even was.

3 Likes

Yeah, phase to is the kicker and you can be blitzed in no time at all when you are trying to work out what the hell is going on.

1 Like

tell me about it

I’ve been super aggressive til she’s at 2/3rd health and then running back about half the arena, throwing a kukri (throwing knife, can buy unlimited from merchant in East Limgrave) which always triggers it.

Run back for 1st flurry, keep running back for 2nd flurry (or you can roll into the 2nd but I can never get it to work) and then for the 3rd flurry you gotta roll under her as she flies above your head and then roll backwards very fast.

If you’re in close quarters it’s very hard to dodge the first flurry so if you can keep a big distance from her at least if she hasn’t done one yet you’ll have a chance.

Last tip- do it solo. So worth it.

1 Like