Elden Ring

Only getting a few minutes here and there to play at the moment, but having fun poking around Limgrave and trying to wrap up as much as possible.

Tried taking down that caravan with the two big giants by slowly taking everyone behind it down one by one, then realised there was a mounted boss there, got spooked and fell off a bridge to my death. Left that, and finally worked out how to reveal that monkey guy who calls you ‘cully’, would have hit him sooner but was worried I’d have killed him! And of the back of that he reminded me there was a coast to explore, so I went down and killed these pricks

Found the dragon communion place but can’t do anything there yet. Then I found another Evergaol in Stormhill and am currently getting my ass handed to me by the Crucible Knight. Think it’s probably time to go on to Liurnia

3 Likes

Well, I can now consistently die to that Wildfowl Dance you’ve all been talking about. Have managed to live through it once but dodging seems impossible.

1 Like

nope just takes time to learn!

1 Like

If I can do it you can. Do you have any ranged attacks you can bait with?

Started typing out a tutorial but you should just scroll up to see Daggers explaining it to me.

1 Like

Met Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast last night and afraid to switch my PlayStation back on.

4 Likes

Very much falls into the ‘I’ll put a skull sign down here and come back later’ area for me.

1 Like

I managed to get him last night. We hit each other with a last blow and both died.

Jumping back up to see if he was there again was almost scarier than the fight itself!

4 Likes

That happened to me with Rennala 1st time round and didn’t get the souls since I couldn’t get back to her arena.

Similar thing happened with me - when I defeated her, I put the controller down and started celebrating… until the the dragon that she had summoned fired into me and I died. No souls for me! Fully sent me into a mad laughing fit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just beat her on my newest run and the souls I left on my previous death in her arena are right underneath her in the real world. Maybe could have got them back after all?

2 Likes

meant to be in the ds3 thread

Pitched by who though? DS3 came out 6 years ago too. I’m happy to pitch a 2D version of Elden Ring right now.

It all looks a bit too on the nose with the dancer and sunlight covenant to be real.

1 Like

You know how in Sekiro, Genichiro always does a big sword attack when you heal? I feel like Melania is doing that to me with her thrust attack. Is this real or coincidence?

1 Like

Definitely feels too often to be coincidence.

Had a good hour against her last night. Still can’t fully dodge the big song and dance number but I can usually survive it now. Got into the second phase a couple of times. Immediately divebomb rotted to death.

1 Like

Very real, there’s some pretty blatant input reading in Elden Ring. Some bosses will always do the same move with the exact same timing the instant you trigger an action. Crucible knights are a very blatant example.

It’s also quite visible with dodging spell casts. In some cases it works in your favour because the coded dodge timing is wrong for the spell.

1 Like

Good video

1 Like

right, i am off to the capital!

164 hours

3 Likes

thanks melina, you done absolutely nothing

1 Like

probably stop posting about it here if i want to get in under 200 hours

3 Likes

capital is lovely. very soulsy.

then somehow got distracted and ended up realising i haven’t fought radahn. might try and find the grape woman too.

168 hours, level 105

5 Likes

Slightly surprised at a best multiplayer award given it’s an entirely optional part of the game and not as active both in PvP and co-op as previous games. Probably most similar to BB.

I agree with the other three but no way it has better multiplayer than turtles.

2 Likes