Electronic / IDM / Ambient / Drone listening club

I HEARD THAT THIS WAS REALLY GOOD AND EVERYONE WILL REALLY LIKE IT.

I HEARD IT FROM A TOTALLY UNBIASED SOURCE.

This is really good. In fact it’s too good. Listening to anything else in this thread feels like shoving actual human shit into my ears now. All other music is redundant.

(Am I overselling this?)

No no this is spot on

Purchased and queued for listening pleasure.

:heart_eyes:

When are the CDs going out @AphexTwinkletoes, sort of want to wait to open that luscious packaging before my first listen…

1st batch were posted yesterday. 1st class (naturally) so hopefully you’ll get yours today, but if not then should be tomorrow at the latest.

i’m so late to this initiative! how do I get the physical version?!

There’s a link partway down the bandcamp page :slight_smile:

Just firing this up while I write my Year 10 reports. Fab so far! No idea what my reports are going to end up like cos I’m not really concentrating on them at all. ‘Veins Full of Static’ is really doing it for me; smashing stuff.

Colin Mawson. Lovely stuff. Ended up staring out of the window for a long time. Other teacher asks if I’m ok. I’m fine.

Body in the Thames. I love that he’s called “Body in the Thames” and this track has such a liquid quality. Sounds slippery and rather hypnotic. Love it.

ooooooooooooo that bass oscillator effect! Making my head go all funny. Not getting any work done right now.

Love a good set of live reaction posts

DiS doesn’t. I’m getting the whole ‘you’re replying too much to one thread, have you considered…’ advice.

Anyway: Lowering. Glacial, ambient, reminds me of Eluvium from way back, before the chap started singing. Very… poised if that makes sense.

Just ordered the CD… great stuff guys

Steve Hadfield. Very very different proposition to Body in the Thames but I think the tracks both work well for the same reason: the bass that undercuts everything else and binds it all together. Great use of space in this one; love all the empty space between the low and high end.

and now I have to go and teach. Darn.

Just stick the CD on in the classroom. I’m sure that the kids will thank you. If they don’t then they’re beyond help anyway.